Southside Hitmen vs. Emerald City Munchkins

Quin

Don't have time for a really elaborate one...so...

WHITESOX.COM TO THE RESCUE IN HERE

While the White Sox will be remembering 1983 with their throwback uniforms on the first Sunday of the 2013 season, their starting pitcher will be hoping for a throwback to Monday.

Chris Sale couldn't have done much better in his first Opening Day assignment against the Royals, outdueling James Shields in 7 2/3 innings of shutout ball.

"That was fun, it was exciting. It was everything I thought it would be and more," Sale said after a 1-0 White Sox victory.

With all the fanfare of Opening Day out of the picture, Sale will be matched against right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma, who is coming off a strong opening performance of his own, in the rubber game of a three-game set on Sunday at U.S. Cellular Field. Iwakuma allowed one run on two hits with no walks and seven strikeouts in six innings against the A's.

The veteran from Japan went 8-4 with a 2.65 ERA, a Mariners rookie record, in 16 starts last season after moving into the rotation at midseason. After posting a 1.83 ERA in his last nine starts of 2012, he picked up where he left off on Tuesday.

But Iwakuma left his Opening Day start when a blister on the middle finger of his pitching hand began flaring up after bothering him in his last start of the spring as well.

"I felt fine from the get-go. But as we went along, it started to get a little tender. So 88 pitches was good enough," Iwakuma said through a translator.

SALE GONNA WIN THIS s***

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 7, 2013 -> 10:26 AM)
Like the lineup. Alexei should get some pitches to hit with Rios hitting the way he is.

i've been meaning to say that i appreciate your avy.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Apr 7, 2013 -> 12:17 PM)
PRETTY GOOD PRETTY GOOD

gordoj.jpg

Oh yeah it's throwback day! I like the '83 unis, but wasn't quite born yet so I'm glad I get to see them in action now.