White Sox v Indians 4/12/13

bjm676

Tribe lineup: Bourn CF Cabrera SS Kipnis 2B Swisher 1B Reynolds DH Brantley LF Gomes C Chisenhall 3B Stubbs RF Masterson P

Sox lineup: De Aza CF Keppinger 2B Rios RF Dunn 1B Konerko DH Viciedo LF Gillaspie 3B Ramirez SS Gimenez C Quintana P

Win

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting on August 25th of last season, Quintana's had 8 starts, and only one of them has qualified as a QS.

He did have starts where he went 5 2/3 giving up 3 runs, and another start against LAA with 5 IP and 1 ER (4 total runs allowed due to errors). His lone really good effort was SEPT 10th against the Tigers, where he stemmed the bleeding for the moment.

He's due.

Edited by caulfield12

Rios with a blast high off the wall...ends up getting thrown out by Brantley trying to stretch it to a double.

That's just the way things are going right now. Has a hitting streak dating back to last year, though.

Pretty amazing when you think about...Quintana spent 6 years in A ball, one month in AA and zero appearances in AAA.

Struck out the side in the bottom of the 1st. Didn't see that coming. Cabrera and Kipnis are both struggling out of the gate.

Masterson 4-5 lifetime against the Sox but with an ERA in the mid 2's.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 06:31 PM)
Wise should be playing tonight instead of Viciedo, as Masterson has dominated him so far in his career.

According to Ron Santo Hawk just like all guys who are struggling its his front shoulder flying open and confidence. Because you shouldnt worry about mechanics, its just going to happen. Be dangerous.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 06:31 PM)
Wise should be playing tonight instead of Viciedo, as Masterson has dominated him so far in his career.

The problem is that Viciedo has already sat two games in a row. While Wise is obviously the more ideal matchup, we really need to get Tank going and not facing live pitching for three straight games isn't going to help. It's a tough call, but I'd go Viciedo tonight.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 11:46 PM)
I think I'm officially adopting Washington as my N.L. team. So fun to watch these guys.

I'm excited to see any improvements they make in the next year or so with regards to filling Haren's spot with a top pitcher.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 07:47 PM)
I'm excited to see any improvements they make in the next year or so with regards to filling Haren's spot with a top pitcher.

Yeah, Haren is a dog on this team, so there is room to get someone in there at that spot. There, and closer/bullpen. I guess all we need to do is suck balls for a few years, and hope 2 of the top talents in the last 20 years are also available in the draft! Oh, I guess we'd have to actually have a farm system worth mentioning, also.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 12:51 AM)
Yeah, Haren is a dog on this team, so there is room to get someone in there at that spot. There, and closer/bullpen. I guess all we need to do is suck balls for a few years, and hope 2 of the top talents in the last 20 years are also available in the draft! Oh, I guess we'd have to actually have a farm system worth mentioning, also.

Their bullpen of Storen/Clippard/Stammen/Soriano is pretty deep. I expect they'll trade Espinosa sooner rather than later to make room for Rendon.