Game Thread? Sox vs Jays? 4/16/13? 6:07 CT?

Jake

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 12:37 AM)
Its not good that we have a black hole at catcher.

I asked this last week, but it's intriguing to wonder who could be the starting catcher next year. Seems like it will be someone outside the organization.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 06:38 PM)
I asked this last week, but it's intriguing to wonder who could be the starting catcher next year. Seems like it will be someone outside the organization.

I have no doubt it will be

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 06:36 PM)
How so? If it means a non-prospect in Axelrod gets bumped for a potential #3 starter in Santiago, it could be a good thing for the organization in the short and long run.

Versus having a guy actually be successful? That is just an astounding want. You want your own team to fail? Really?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 06:43 PM)
Everything he throws is terrible.

No idea how Axelrod hasnt gotten blown up yet. Some of the stuff you see him throw you just close your eyes and hope it doesnt get blasted.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 12:44 AM)
Versus having a guy actually be successful? That is just an astounding want. You want your own team to fail? Really?

I don't consider Axelrod anything close to being a future part of this organization. With Santiago, if this year is going to be about getting people like Viciedo and Flowers experience, then I think getting him innings under his belt is extremely important.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 06:46 PM)
I don't consider Axelrod anything close to being a future part of this organization. With Santiago, if this year is going to be about getting people like Viciedo and Flowers experience, then I think getting him innings under his belt is extremely important.

Still. It makes zero sense to be rooting for someone to fail in April. In all seriousness, if people really believe crap like that, they need to quit watching baseball. Just walk away, because you are missing the entire point.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 17, 2013 -> 12:47 AM)
Still. It makes zero sense to be rooting for someone to fail in April. In all seriousness, if people really believe crap like that, they need to quit watching baseball. Just walk away, because you are missing the entire point.

This is no different than Bulls fans wanting Rip Hamilton to play poorly so Jimmy Butler can get more minutes at the shooting guard to see if he can develop into a starting shooting guard in the future. To me, Axelrod is blocking the development of a much more talented performer.

I've not seen one person say they want to lose and Axelrod pitch badly.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 16, 2013 -> 06:47 PM)

Observing that a below average pitcher is below average isn't negative. It's being realistic.