Sox @ Royals

Heads22

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 4, 2013 -> 07:17 PM)
McEwing held him up as well.

Adam isn't really that slow. Slow, but not anywhere near the conversation for "slowest in the league"

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 5, 2013 -> 12:17 AM)
McEwing held him up as well.

Yeah. I think that's a good decision. He would have been out by a mile. I was just lamenting that our team is so slow we can't score a guy with two outs on a nice, deep gapper.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 4, 2013 -> 06:16 PM)
How many season tix did the Sox sell? If Sox are 10 or more out when school lets out, will our crowds consist pretty much only of season tix holders? Maybe 1-2 times a summer families will go? Good thing they lowered ticket prices.

Too bad we didnt finish off Detroit last year when we had the chances, many chances.

If nothing else, it would have made standing pat or "status quo" an impossible position to defend by the F.O.

With the higher ticket sales, they probably could have kept AJ (that would have been a questionable decision) or spent more on a better player than Keppinger.

BUT, in a way...it might have made the inevitable LESS obvious, too, and bought a couple more years of trying to "reload on the fly."

This roster needs a major renovation and injection of youth and talent. ANYTHING would be more interesting...even if they were running out the Astros' line-up, I would be more likely to care except for a few players like Viciedo, Konerko and Gillaspie. I guess Flowers...you keep wanting to give up on him and then he'll hit another huge homer and it will buy him more time (assuming that we're competing for something...otherwise, he gets the whole season, one way or the other).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 4, 2013 -> 06:22 PM)
Why can't we hit this damn guy? Most frustrating thing ever

He owned us last year.

Now he's on a string where the Royals have won 16 consecutive games he's started.

Bad combination.

It's like facing Jose Contreras in late 2005/early 2006...for those four months, he was the best pitcher in baseball.

Now Guthrie's not QUITE that good, but against the White Sox he might as well be.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 4, 2013 -> 06:22 PM)
I want nothing to do with a roster like the Astros

I'm also glad we restricted our spending with last year's FA market

More their minor league system....but honestly, I'd rather watch C. Carter in LF with DeAza in CF than seeing Wise/Danks/Tekotte, etc.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 5, 2013 -> 01:25 AM)
More their minor league system....but honestly, I'd rather watch C. Carter in LF with DeAza in CF than seeing Wise/Danks/Tekotte, etc.

Viciedo is better than Carter, and he'll be in LF soon hopefully.

We're in the midst of a very nice recovery by Dylan Axelrod

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 4, 2013 -> 07:25 PM)

Trayce Thompson > Chris Carter

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2013 -> 12:30 AM)
Watching on mlb.com replay, could/should Rios have caught Cain's triple?

I personally think he dogged it on that triple, or wasn't ready for it, anyhow, giving him the benefit of the doubt.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 5, 2013 -> 12:34 AM)
Doubt it. Kept slicing away from him.

Caufield are u coming to KC at all this year for Sox-Royals? I was thinking about going Monday possibly. Supposed to be nice here finally.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 5, 2013 -> 12:36 AM)
Keppinger likely has the worst WAR in all of baseball after today...might be time to bat him 9th in the order instead of in front of 3/4/5.

You got to move him down at least until he gets over .220. He's embarrassing.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 4, 2013 -> 06:37 PM)
Caufield are u coming to KC at all this year for Sox-Royals? I was thinking about going Monday possibly. Supposed to be nice here finally.

Not sure about flying from Shanghai to KC for that one, lol.

I'll be in the US from the middle of June through first week of August, then to Indonesia for a new job.

Fernandez has only given up one hit to the Phillies tonight.