Tyler Flowers

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 10:09 PM)
What is that even supposed to mean? :unsure:

I meant American's always need to blame someone. Or I could have said Sox fans need to blame someone, or I could have said ... Oh nevermind

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 10:22 PM)
I meant American's always need to blame someone. Or I could have said Sox fans need to blame someone, or I could have said ... Oh nevermind

AND IN CASE THE NSA IS INTERCEPTING OUR POSTS I MEANT THIS TONGUE IN CHEEK :usa

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 12:37 PM)
I'm f***ing sick to death of people here demanding we trade everyone for prospects and then simultaneously giving those prospects exactly 1.5 weeks to be successful before they are declared to be sucky, bad, awful, and needing of replacement.

THIS IS WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN WHEN YOU BRING YOUNG PLAYERS ALONG.

LOL. It's not like this is Tyler Flower's first cup of coffee. I'm more than happy to be patient with prospects that have promise. These turds the White Sox are serving us are not prospects.

Tyler Flowers is 27 years old, and even when he magically makes contact he is still pitiful behind home plate.

I was one of the few who adamantly stuck by Reed last season. I sucked Beckham's dong for years. I put Jose Quintana in a Superman cape for f***'s sake. Please tell me one worthwhile "prospect" I've poo poo'd.

You can't. You just happily lap up the s*** the White Sox put in front of you. You mindlessly waste your time on a guy like Flowers or Gillespie while the franchise goes down the s***ter and act like that makes you a good fan.

I'd say that makes you part of the problem.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ Jun 13, 2013 -> 10:26 PM)
OK, quick roster check... who on the Rays could the Sox use *cough* everyone on the roster *cough*

I will settle for Wil Myers since they seem disinterested in using him. kthx.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 07:06 AM)
LOL. It's not like this is Tyler Flower's first cup of coffee. I'm more than happy to be patient with prospects that have promise. These turds the White Sox are serving us are not prospects.

Tyler Flowers is 27 years old, and even when he magically makes contact he is still pitiful behind home plate.

I was one of the few who adamantly stuck by Reed last season. I sucked Beckham's dong for years. I put Jose Quintana in a Superman cape for f***'s sake. Please tell me one worthwhile "prospect" I've poo poo'd.

You can't. You just happily lap up the s*** the White Sox put in front of you. You mindlessly waste your time on a guy like Flowers or Gillespie while the franchise goes down the s***ter and act like that makes you a good fan.

I'd say that makes you part of the problem.

Gillaspie's game is much closer to being MLB sustainable than Flowers' is. They are two completely different types of players, so c'mon Steve, leave Connor out of this, okay?

Historically, re: the catching position, the Sox have learned a lot of hard lessons about trying to develop young players into that role. Furthermore, the organizational strength is pitching. It makes sense for the Sox to get a vet after this season either through FA or in trade, so let's just wait and see what they do.

Yes this team sucks, and it hurts, and so I think we all need to be able to lean on each other, stop fighting & start listening more, be supportive of each other, etc. because there's still a lot of miserable games left & lots of crying, anger and confusuion likely ahead.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 09:22 AM)
Gillaspie's game is much closer to being MLB sustainable than Flowers' is. They are two completely different types of players, so c'mon Steve, leave Connor out of this, okay?

Historically, re: the catching position, the Sox have learned a lot of hard lessons about trying to develop young players into that role. Furthermore, the organizational strength is pitching. It makes sense for the Sox to get a vet after this season either through FA or in trade, so let's just wait and see what they do.

Yes this team sucks, and it hurts, and so I think we all need to be able to lean on each other, stop fighting & start listening more, be supportive of each other, etc. because there's still a lot of miserable games left & lots of crying, anger and confusuion likely ahead.

Steve will not let this Gillaspie stuff go because Conor Gillaspie is a serial cereal pisser.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 09:28 AM)
Steve will not let this Gillaspie stuff go because Conor Gillaspie is a serial cereal pisser.

That and it's not cool to say Gillaspie's actually doing okay. You gotta go against the grain and say he sucks...because that's cool.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 10:53 AM)
That and it's not cool to say Gillaspie's actually doing okay. You gotta go against the grain and say he sucks...because that's cool.

If by "cool" you mean "accurate", then you'd be correct.

Unless, of course, you've redefined an 83 OPS+ as "doing ok". The guy's pitiful.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 11:16 AM)
If by "cool" you mean "accurate", then you'd be correct.

Unless, of course, you've redefined an 83 OPS+ as "doing ok". The guy's pitiful.

He's not great, I'll agree there. But he's not pitiful. There are plenty of other players on this team that are more pitiful. I'm a lot more concerned about Dunn, Konerko, Keppinger, and the catcher position. Gillaspie was a bench guy, then he was a starter and played pretty well, then went to a platoon with Keppinger where he started slipping. Who knows if he'll be good enough to be the Sox 3rd baseman of the future. Defensively he's very good. He still needs to work on his offense, and we need more time to decide whether or not he's pitiful.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 11:44 AM)
He's not great, I'll agree there. But he's not pitiful. There are plenty of other players on this team that are more pitiful. I'm a lot more concerned about Dunn, Konerko, Keppinger, and the catcher position. Gillaspie was a bench guy, then he was a starter and played pretty well, then went to a platoon with Keppinger where he started slipping. Who knows if he'll be good enough to be the Sox 3rd baseman of the future. Defensively he's very good. He still needs to work on his offense, and we need more time to decide whether or not he's pitiful.

The entire roster is loaded with bad players. My entire point about Gillaspie is that he's garbage, yet people speak of him fondly.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 11:49 AM)
The entire roster is loaded with bad players. My entire point about Gillaspie is that he's garbage, yet people speak of him fondly.

I suppose he's spoken of fondly because he's not one of the biggest problems on this team. As I said, he's not great by any means. But he's not garbage. However, I'll just drop that argument with you. I'm going to worry about the bigger problems.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 12:24 PM)
If he's not David Wright, Adrian Beltre, Luis Valbuena, A.Rod, or Miguel Cabrera... he sucks.

HOLY CRAP WHAT IS UP WITH THE EXAGGERA....

I see what you did there.

Well played.

Still. I'm not asking for a superstar. I'm also not going to praise a stinky turd who sucks.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 12:37 PM)
HOLY CRAP WHAT IS UP WITH THE EXAGGERA....

I see what you did there.

Well played.

Still. I'm not asking for a superstar. I'm also not going to praise a stinky turd who sucks.

I'm just giving you s*** haha. Isn't this Gillaspie's first season on the mlb level? He's good with the glove so far. Roll the dice and see if he's gets better. He probably has more jacks than Morel did when he first came up.

I think people are more upset with the hyperbole than anything else. =)

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 12:50 PM)
I'm just giving you s*** haha. Isn't this Gillaspie's first season on the mlb level? He's good with the glove so far. Roll the dice and see if he's gets better. He probably has more jacks than Morel did when he first came up.

I think people are more upset with the hyperbole than anything else. =)

This was my point, but if Steve says he sucks then he must suck. DFA him tonight, and let's roll with Keppinger and his lackluster defense and worst offensive production.

Conor Gillaspie has posted a 687 OPS thus far in 2013. Granted its only 55 games but ...

We Sox fans complained about Joe Crede for his first 4 seasons.... and he never posted an OPS below 714 in those seasons (2004... which was his lowest OPS for a full time season).

Yes, Gillaspie sucks.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 01:18 PM)
This was my point, but if Steve says he sucks then he must suck. DFA him tonight, and let's roll with Keppinger and his lackluster defense and worst offensive production.

I never once said DFA the guy. He simply sucks. I just wanted to point that out because at the time of that thread there was a lot of talk about him not sucking.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 02:24 PM)
I never once said DFA the guy. He simply sucks. I just wanted to point that out because at the time of that thread there was a lot of talk about him not sucking.

You also went WAY out of your way to personally insult the intelligence of anyone who had been excited about his hot start at all. You presented your argument in such a way that even if it was a good argument, people were still going to be upset about it and react in a negative way that would cause a heated flame war. That was a garbage post, man -- really bad communication. I'm guessing you were both slightly drunk and in a surly mood.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 02:24 PM)

Here's the last thing I'll say about it, and then we'll agree to disagree. You're saying he sucks as if he has no chance to ever be a good baseball player and add value to a team. His hitting has slumped, and time will only tell if he will start hitting better and balance out as at least an okay offensive piece. Defensively, he's very good...and that's something the Sox haven't had for a while at 3rd base. He's young, and this is his first full season at the MLB level. He's not a player we need to worry about right now as these team has a slew of problems. He may end up sucking and be a bust, but I'm willing to give him the time, especially considering the alternatives.