5/12 Games

flavum

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 12, 2013 -> 05:04 PM)
He recovered nicely, but I won't be satisfied until I see his velocity back in the low 90s.

With minor league guns, you're not going to be satisfied until he's back in the big leagues.

I am going to make a bold prediction that Michael Earley will make it to the majors before Thompson, Walker and Mitchell (it's depressing, but I could see it happening). He is not going to be a starter, but he can be a solid fourth outfielder for our team.

I've followed him a bit for the better part of the past two years, he looks like he has a good bat, make solid contact with the ball, and doesn't strike out often. We can definitely use such a player off the bench. If he keeps hitting, he could very well get a spring training invite, and make it to the majors as early as next year.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ May 12, 2013 -> 08:50 PM)
I am going to make a bold prediction that Michael Earley will make it to the majors before Thompson, Walker and Mitchell (it's depressing, but I could see it happening). He is not going to be a starter, but he can be a solid fourth outfielder for our team.

I've followed him a bit for the better part of the past two years, he looks like he has a good bat, make solid contact with the ball, and doesn't strike out often. We can definitely use such a player off the bench. If he keeps hitting, he could very well get a spring training invite, and make it to the majors as early as next year.

How good is his defense? Which positions can he play confidently?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2013 -> 10:55 PM)

He was in LF when I saw them, looks like he can cover LF and RF.

He's putting up good numbers but he's been old for every level. He's 25 now in his first year in AA.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2013 -> 09:55 PM)

I've tried to dig up scouting reports on Earley, haven't seen anything yet. Hard to say for sure if he's "real" based just on his numbers, when he's 25 in AA (which isn't OLD, but it isn't young either, probably more old than young).

Like Balta said, he can play both LF and RF. He was an RF in college and even as recent as last year, but making the transition to LF this year in favor of Thompson. I read that he's a good fielder in college, but not a plus by any means. If he's to make it to the big leagues, it will be because of his bat.