f*** the Cubs official game thread 5/30/13

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 30, 2013 -> 11:31 AM)
The 2005 White Sox were 13-44 when they gave up 5 or more runs. Typically, when you have a weak offense and a strong pitching staff, you are going to lose a lot of games where you give up a lot of runs. These sorts of results shouldn't be surprising.

Perhaps a good sign is that the 2013 White Sox are actually outpacing the 2005 White Sox in percentage of games allowing 5 or more runs, if barely (35.2% to 34%).

Except if you adjust or factor in the differences from that bygone era and the current "anti-PED's" relative lack of offense/pitching-first time period...

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jillian Michaels' Abs @ May 30, 2013 -> 11:55 AM)
Bring him back quickly so he can be reinstated from the disabled list, designated for assignment and then outrighted to AAA.

Why do people insist on batting Konerko 4th? He's been God awful this year. Hell, at least Dunn is still on pace for about 35/90.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 30, 2013 -> 01:02 PM)
Adam Dunn is 1 for his last 27.. Wow

He can't be this streaky and expect people to jump on his bandwagon. I'm glad he was tearing it up for a little bit but he has to be more consistent if we're going to win games.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 30, 2013 -> 09:44 AM)
My ultimate lineup for the Sox

De Aza - CF

Ramirez - SS

Viciedo - LF

Gillaspie - 3B

Konerko - 1B

Dunn - DH

Rios - RF

Flowers - C

Keppinger - 2B

this is better known as the "Tommy Tutone Lineup"

I got it( igot it) I got your number on the wall.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 30, 2013 -> 01:04 PM)
It's not that crazy. 6 for 27 is over .200. 1 for 27 for him isn't as much of a slump as it is for everyone else.

It is still horrible. And it makes it even worse that Ventura keeps putting him in the clean up spot while we have Gillaspie who has actually been hitting the ball in the 6 or 7 spot. Gillaspie needs MORE RBI chances, he needs to be moved up in the line up. Dunn needs LESS RBI chances. Switch them!

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 30, 2013 -> 06:04 PM)
He can't be this streaky and expect people to jump on his bandwagon. I'm glad he was tearing it up for a little bit but he has to be more consistent if we're going to win games.

I wonder how smart he is. All he has to do is hit the ball in the air basically to left field or left center and he'll hit 40 home runs or more and run into a few doubles. He'd probably hit .220. I think last year notwithstanding Adam Dunn is the biggest flop in White Sox history. I mean to go to a game is to put yourself in misery having to watch him. He's probably the reason Sox attendance is blah. I mean anybody considering going to a game has to wonder if it's worth watching Dunn fail. I wonder if his batting average over the last 1,200 or so at bats is the worst of any regular in baseball history.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 30, 2013 -> 02:25 PM)
I wonder how smart he is. All he has to do is hit the ball in the air basically to left field or left center and he'll hit 40 home runs or more and run into a few doubles. He'd probably hit .220. I think last year notwithstanding Adam Dunn is the biggest flop in White Sox history. I mean to go to a game is to put yourself in misery having to watch him. He's probably the reason Sox attendance is blah. I mean anybody considering going to a game has to wonder if it's worth watching Dunn fail. I wonder if his batting average over the last 1,200 or so at bats is the worst of any regular in baseball history.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that Dunn is definitely the biggest free agent bust in franchise history.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 30, 2013 -> 01:27 PM)
Yeah, I think it's safe to say that Dunn is definitely the biggest free agent bust in franchise history.

Over Navarro? Really? I think it is pretty close