6/3 - The Return of the Bacon Slayer

Quin

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 04:01 AM)
I think Danks will be fine next year. A healthy off-season of lifting weights, he'll be back.

Out of curiosity, did Johan's velocity increase after his first season back?

So team dysfunction is about to lose its seventh straight game since hitting the .500 mark. Can anybody explain this? All of a sudden Sox are plummeting to the bottom again after looking like a decent team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2013 -> 10:55 PM)
Add Konerko, Beckham, De Aza and Viciedo to that list of players on the market.

Trading Viciedo doesn't make much sense to me. A contender isn't going to want him and he's exactly the type of guy you give playing time to in a wasted year.

The other guys sure, I just don't know who would want them right now. That could definitely change by July. I wouldn't just give away De Aza or Beckham however. I'd want something decent or else I'd hold onto to them until the offseason.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 04:03 AM)
Trading Viciedo doesn't make much sense to me. A contender isn't going to want him and he's exactly the type of guy you give playing time to in a wasted year.

The other guys sure, I just don't know who would want them right now. That could definitely change by July. I wouldn't just give away De Aza or Beckham however. I'd want something decent or else I'd hold onto to them until the offseason.

I wouldn't give away any of the names I mentioned (unless a team wants to take on all of Dunn or Danks remaining deal). I mentioned the other day that if Viciedo has a lot of value, then it might be the perfect time to get rid of him.