Chicago White Sox @ Houston Astros

WilliamTell

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 09:02 PM)
They won't can him. He is a Sox legend

That shouldnt matter at all. His job right now is to manage this team. Thats what he should be judged on. Not his past accomplishments as a player.

Edited by Baron

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 07:56 PM)
How is Ventura still employed? This is the worst managed Sox team I've seen in the 20 years or so I've been watching baseball closely.

The odds of Tyler Flowers getting a hit there, as most of us on this board know, were almost 1 out of a 100. And I don't feel like I am exaggerating.

After the break, they should have a "mutual parting of the ways" with Ventura. Then name Mark Parent the interim just to get a feel for him the rest of the season, and go from there.

Now will this happen? Of course not.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 02:04 AM)
The odds of Tyler Flowers getting a hit there, as most of us on this board know, were almost 1 out of a 100. And I don't feel like I am exaggerating.

Anyone know how to find stats regarding what he's hitting in the 9th inning and later this season?

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 16, 2013 -> 02:05 AM)
After the break, they should have a "mutual parting of the ways" with Ventura. Then name Mark Parent the interim just to get a feel for him the rest of the season, and go from there.

Screw it, let Konerko retire at the ASB and give him a trial run the rest of the way :)

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 09:05 PM)

We arent lucky enough

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 08:05 PM)
Anyone know how to find stats regarding what he's hitting in the 9th inning and later this season?

I second this request. Where is StatmanDu when you need him? I have been searching on this and cannot find the 9th inning and later numbers of T Flow in 2013.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 08:28 PM)
Not defending Ventura, but is it really his fault his players are dumb?

It's not his fault they are dumb and some are awful baseball players however I think the issue a guy like Fathom or myself have is sending T Flow up there in the ninth against a righty reliever. This just simply cannot happen, he had NO CHANCE up there.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 10:37 PM)
It's not his fault they are dumb and some are awful baseball players however I think the issue a guy like Fathom or myself have is sending T Flow up there in the ninth against a righty reliever. This just simply cannot happen, he had NO CHANCE up there.

I agree, I know he's made a lot of bad decisions, but too it has to do with bad personnel that can't performe tasks that need to be performed.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2013 -> 06:55 PM)
For those that aren't watching, Danks just got picked off at 2nd to end the game. If this game doesn't get changes to be made, nothing will. Jordan Danks is a truly awful baseball player.

The talk they had with players was just a bunch of bulls***. Not a f***ing thing has changed with this team.