6/22 Games

jthunder93

Bristol White Sox Lineup for tonight (6pm EST) vs. the Elizabethton Twins.

1) Thurman Hall, CF - .333 (3-9), 1 R

2) Jake Brown, DH - .000 (0-3). Hit .316 in 15 G in Kanny

3) Toby Thomas, SS - .400 (2-5), 1 R

4) Patrick Palmeiro, 1B - .375 (3-8), 1 2B. Hit .190 in 40 G in Kanny.

5) Nolan Earley, LF - .167 (1-6), 2 R, 1 RBI, 3 BB

6) Trey Michalczewski, 3B - .000 (0-1), 2 BB

7) Sammy Ayala, C - Season debut, hit .202 in 24 G with Bristol in 2012, but hit over .300 over his last 10 games.

8) Antonio Rodriguez, RF - .000 (0-3)

9) Victor Velasquez, 2B - .000 (0-3)

Pitcher: Jordan Guerrero - Season debut, 0-1, 3.00 ERA in 7 games (0 starts), 10 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 4 BB, 6 K in 9.0 innings for Bristol in 2012.

Edited by jthunder93

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?g...ox&sid=milb

http://www.milb.com/scoreboard/index.jsp?s...mp;ymd=20130622

Hawkins down to .192 from a season high of .229.

3/37 with 22 strikeouts during that stretch. Still has a season OPS of 767, amazingly.

It's getting close to time to pull the plug and send him down to Kanny so he can play together with Anderson, Micah Johnson and Barnum. That would be my play. About 10 days ago, I was against moving Hawkins down, but enough is enough.

They might think about putting Micah Johnson in the OF and sending him to Winston-Salem, too.

If I'm Buddy Bell though, I stick all four of those guys together and let them win a second half championship in the SAL and learn how to play AND WIN together, as well as learning how to play the game the right way.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 05:38 PM)

3/37 with 22 strikeouts during that stretch. Still has a season OPS of 767, amazingly.

It's getting close to time to pull the plug and send him down to Kanny so he can play together with Anderson, Micah Johnson and Barnum. That would be my play. About 10 days ago, I was against moving Hawkins down, but enough is enough.

They might think about putting Micah Johnson in the OF and sending him to Winston-Salem, too.

If I'm Buddy Bell though, I stick all four of those guys together and let them win a second half championship in the SAL and learn how to play AND WIN together, as well as learning how to play the game the right way.

Exactly. What is struggling at a higher level going to do? It seems he's not quite ready. Kanny should help him develop some more.

Ayala battled in his first at bat, but struck out looking. Second at bat, he chased a 1-2 breaking ball in the dirt, and struck out for his second time. Hopefully, he'll fare better once the Elizabethton starter is gone.

Edited by jthunder93

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 05:38 PM)

You need to be flamed for such irrational suggestion. Because you are panicking, and If he fixes himself mechanically, he'll dominate anywhere. If he is having the same issues, he's going to struggle almost everywhere.

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 07:12 PM)
Not that it matters, Johan Cruz of the DSL team (I think he was signed for 500K last summer?) is playing remarkably bad. They keep putting him lead off and he goes 0-5 0-6 with a couple of Ks almost everyday. Hitting .056, very tough stark for the kid.

Even in DSL he's still a boy amongst men.

Otano, another one of the notable signings, had a decent day today.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 07:41 PM)
You need to be flamed for such irrational suggestion. Because you are panicking, and If he fixes himself mechanically, he'll dominate anywhere. If he is having the same issues, he's going to struggle almost everywhere.

This is his 2nd "40 days in the desert/completely lost" period of the season.

Failing miserably twice, he's no longer going to get the benefit of the doubt based on how he performed in 2012.

Everyone knew a high school kid in the Carolina League was a huge risk, it's just that his results last year were so surprising they pushed him too hard.

Striking out 60% of the time, that's too much to overcome psychologically. The mental part of the game is overwhelming him now. That stretch of homers probably made him so overconfident, when all he was doing was masking his swing plane flaws by homering his way through the negative results, but without any kind of consistency. Just streaking up and down, like Mitchell did last season.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 08:45 PM)
This is his 2nd "40 days in the desert/completely lost" period of the season.

Failing miserably twice, he's no longer going to get the benefit of the doubt based on how he performed in 2012.

Everyone knew a high school kid in the Carolina League was a huge risk, it's just that his results last year were so surprising they pushed him too hard.

Striking out 60% of the time, that's too much to overcome psychologically. The mental part of the game is overwhelming him now. That stretch of homers probably made him so overconfident, when all he was doing was masking his swing plane flaws by homering his way through the negative results, but without any kind of consistency. Just streaking up and down, like Mitchell did last season.

I wouldn't be as hard on you if you didn't feel strongly against the notion just last week.

I brought up the Mitchell/Walker comparison because we've been down this road, rushing a raw athlete up a level before he's ready for the pitching is a risk to his development (of course people are still fairly optimistic about Walker because he WAS having a nice June).

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jun 22, 2013 -> 08:35 PM)
4 walks in 2 games.

I think the Zews of Walks is pretty fitting.

Everyone remember Euclis: The Greek God of Walks (Kevin Youkilis)?

Unfortunately, Michalczewski's name is not pronounced the way that you would like it to be...How about Mikalchev: The Walk Doctor?

Edited by jthunder93