NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 02:07 PM)
Agreed.

Still, I don't care. Can't wait for the season to start. When Rose goes off for 35/8/8 and a dunk or two, all will be forgiven.

Meh. They will never get the shot at the Heat back from last year. Unless he wins a title, I will always remember that playoffs.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 02:45 PM)
Meh. They will never get the shot at the Heat back from last year. Unless he wins a title, I will always remember that playoffs.

You'll remember that playoffs as what? Do you really think a rusty, timid Derrick Rose pushes the Bulls past the Heat last year?

If you do, you're extremely silly.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 02:55 PM)
You'll remember that playoffs as what? Do you really think a rusty, timid Derrick Rose pushes the Bulls past the Heat last year?

The Heat were vulnerable the entire playoffs. There is no denying that.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 03:55 PM)

Hell, if they just had a "Backup PG who could play 15 minutes a game" that might have been enough to turn that into a 7 game series. Those guys were exhausted by the end, didn't Nate and Deng play 48 minutes a row in both games 4 and 5?

Luol Deng didnt play the series because of that spinal tap thing. Kirk Hinrich also missed the series, and then Nazr got suspended a game. Vulnerable or not, the Bulls werent taking them out.

Rose wasnt going to push the Bulls past the Heat. It sucks that we thought he was going to come back, but he didnt. On to next year.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 23, 2013 -> 04:26 PM)
Luol Deng didnt play the series because of that spinal tap thing.

Rose wasnt going to push the Bulls past the Heat. It sucks that we thought he was going to come back, but he didnt. On to next year.

You're right, it was Butler doing the full 48 minutes because Deng was out and Nate doing it because of Hinrich. My bad, ty.

Oh come on...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...0,2802637.story

The Truth matters, at least it does to NBA marketing.

Paul Pierce's well-known nickname could be stitched to the back of his Brooklyn Nets' uniform this season for one game against the Miami Heat rather than the customary last name as the NBA ponders allowing some players to individualize team uniforms.

The first meeting between the teams is in Brooklyn on Nov. 1.

Pierce, who has The Truth emblazoned on his custom Nike shoes, and other players were informed of the NBA considering the use of nicknames on uniforms in August.

LeBron James could opt to have his No. 6 jersey adorned with “King James.” Teammate Dwyane Wade, who wears No. 3 and has three NBA titles, is leaning toward having “Three” on his back.

It's not known if the league will allow Andrei Kirilenko to use his nickname, AK-47, on his jersey. Among considerations for the league office on that matter will be the proximity to Newtown, Conn., which is 90 minutes from the Nets' home arena in Brooklyn and was the site of an elementary school mass shooting in December 2012.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 24, 2013 -> 03:55 PM)

All about marketing. Now everyone needs to get a King James jersey. Brilliant really although it kind of makes the league look bush to normal people that will not run out and get a Truth jersey. Remember when the XFL did this.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 24, 2013 -> 04:25 PM)
Apparently a lot of players wanted nicknames like Batman(Battier) and Flash(Wade) but due to copyright laws they cannot do it. Im kind of curious if King James will be on Lebrons jersey

Knowing that choad, it will be. He just needs to keep quiet and winning games. I don't think people will forgive him for "The Decision".

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 24, 2013 -> 04:25 PM)
Apparently a lot of players wanted nicknames like Batman(Battier) and Flash(Wade) but due to copyright laws they cannot do it. Im kind of curious if King James will be on Lebrons jersey

Sucks that Flash can't be on there since that's his best nickname.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 24, 2013 -> 04:28 PM)
Knowing that choad, it will be. He just needs to keep quiet and winning games. I don't think people will forgive him for "The Decision".

Oh god what if LeBron went with "The Decision"

Even I'd have to applaud him for the balls that would take.

I feel like I don't even remember what it's like to have Rose on the team. I wouldn't mind sitting Noah until Christmas to help with his foot come playoffs, though you can't really plan for anything with Plantar Fasciitis.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 26, 2013 -> 09:41 AM)
I feel like I don't even remember what it's like to have Rose on the team. I wouldn't mind sitting Noah until Christmas to help with his foot come playoffs, though you can't really plan for anything with Plantar Fasciitis.

But Noah can't come back until he's 110% then

Bulls inviting DJ White and Roger Mason Jr. to training camp.

White has been competent off the bench scoring wise, not sure about his D. Between he or Pittman I think you can do worse as a 5th big.

Mason would be a nice add if Thibs continues to not give rookies any significant PT.

Rose/Hinrich/Teague

Butler/Mason/Snell

Deng/Dunleavy/Snell

Boozer/Taj/Murphy

Noah/Naz/Pittman or White