NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 10:57 AM)
Or just get rid of Thibs. His irresponsible minutes have led to the ruin of Noah and Deng anyway as well. Can't blame him for broken Rose, though.

I'm lashing out. Ignore me.

Sadly, it's not without a valid point.

It's not bad enough to warrant his removal, but Thibs needs to learn 2 things:

1) Not to get so attached to players. His running players like Deng and Noah into the ground leads to them being injured

2) Use the roster he is given. This only adds to the stress on players like Deng and Noah when he refuses to play their backups.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 11:03 AM)
Thibs has his faults. But the guy changed the game defensively in '08. Give him longer, better athletes (no boozer) and no telling what he could do.

Give him a team that's 8-10 deep like the Nuggets were last year and see how far he can go.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 10:57 AM)
If you trade Deng, Boozer and Hinrich this team will be really bad. Hinrich isn't even a good player but Teague is so awful that playing him 35 minutes a game is worth several losses. Plus, Noah and Butler are both locks to miss a bunch of time so you are going to have a joke of a roster. I'm sure the Bulls can give Hinrich away for a 2nd round pick and hopefully they can find deals for Deng and Boozer.

I agree.

What I'm saying is that GarPax have to try to get maximum value for these guys. There may not be that many teams, 10 games into the season, that want to work out some deals with us. How many games will we win in the meantime? Perhaps too many to get the kind of pick we want.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 12:06 PM)
I agree.

What I'm saying is that GarPax have to try to get maximum value for these guys. There may not be that many teams, 10 games into the season, that want to work out some deals with us. How many games will we win in the meantime? Perhaps too many to get the kind of pick we want.

For Boozer and Deng you need to try to maximize value. Hinrich isn't going to get anything of value so trade him today for a second round pick and force Thibs to play Teague 30+ minutes a game. That will put you on the right track to tanking right off the bat.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 10:31 AM)
Time to not be the Bulls or Thibs, trade people away and tank the s*** out of this team. Come back next year with Rose, Butler, Mirotic some draft picks and a couple of free agents and maybe Noah.

Honestly, I would be listening on Rose if I could get a lottery pick.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 11:11 AM)
For Boozer and Deng you need to try to maximize value. Hinrich isn't going to get anything of value so trade him today for a second round pick and force Thibs to play Teague 30+ minutes a game. That will put you on the right track to tanking right off the bat.

Good point. Isn't Derek Fisher and all his 54 years still backing up Westbrook? They could be a match.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 11:14 AM)
Honestly, I would be listening on Rose if I could get a lottery pick.

I would too, but there's no way the Bulls take the PR hit. And frankly, I'm not sure you're getting that from anyone at this point, especially not a lottery pick in the upcoming draft.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 10:57 AM)
Or just get rid of Thibs. His irresponsible minutes have led to the ruin of Noah and Deng anyway as well. Can't blame him for broken Rose, though.

I'm lashing out. Ignore me.

Deng and Noah were broken long before Thibs got to them.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 11:06 AM)
Give him a team that's 8-10 deep like the Nuggets were last year and see how far he can go.

He had that the year we lost to the Heat in the ECF. It sucks though, he's the last guy now that I want leading the team this season but the first guy I want leading the team going forward. Sigh.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 11:18 AM)
He had that the year we lost to the Heat in the ECF. It sucks though, he's the last guy now that I want leading the team this season but the first guy I want leading the team going forward. Sigh.

This is perfectly stated.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 11:03 AM)
I'm so surprised that listening to Reggie Rose over the medical professionals didn't work out for Derrick.

I'm sure it will happen, but I don't want to hear Reggie Rose say a damn thing this year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 11:03 AM)
Thibs has his faults. But the guy changed the game defensively dating back to '08. Give him longer, better athletes (no boozer) and no telling what he could do.

I'm hoping that accomplish that in this draft. Looks like the Bobcats might actually finish outside the Top 10 picks, so count that + pick you should get for Deng and you'll have 3 first rounders.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 11:06 AM)

Hopefully they get that in this draft + trades + Nikola.

Next year could theoretically have 4 rookies, lesser Rose, and Noah. It'll be a struggle.

My ideal scenario:

Trade Boozer and the Bobcats pick restrictions to the Bobcats for Gordon and their pick this year. Deng for Ariza and Wizards pick. Make it a three team deal if you need filler. Trade Kirk, Dunleavy and James for second rounders.

Going into offseason:

PG: Rose (+), Teague

SG: Butler, Snell

SF :

PF : Taj, Nikola

C : Noah

Using the three firsts that you should have (Bulls, Bobcats, and Deng pick) hope that the Bulls are bad enough to get Jabari before Utah (another Chicago miracle lottery win?), Cauley-Stein/McCary, and Gary Harris. If Jabari is gone, bring in Exum and move Jimmy to SF. Use the 2nd rounders + Deng 1st to move up to ensure Harris or Cauley-Stein.

Sign Kirk in the offseason and BG if he shows anything when he is here. All falls perfectly into place and...

PG: Rose (+), Hinrich, Teague

SG: Butler, Harris, Gordon

SF: Jabari, Snell

PF: Nikola, Taj, Murphy

C : Noah, Cauley-Stein

(Unreasonable hope for a young, athletic and talented roster like this is the only thing keeping me from drinking right now. f*** Reggie Rose.)

I'm so down. It's hard, I kind of feel like it's just straight up over, gonna have 18 mill committed to a beaten player.

Also Jake, I have a hard time believing anyone is gonna give up a 1st this year if they think they'd have a remote shot of lottery (i.e. not playoffs).

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 12:39 PM)
We need a David Stern lottery fix to get Jabari on the Bulls next year. Come on Stern, one last hoorah.

I'd be perfectly happy with Randle or Wiggins as well. Plus, guys like Smart and Exum would be pretty solid as well. There are a lot of of good options in this draft.