NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 07:43 AM)
I actually believe you could move Boozer and Hinrich for Asik and Lin. Both of the later are disgruntled and Howard likes Booz, and Booz has played well this year.

Then flip Asik and Lin for more pieces if you can.

No one's taking that Asik $15 million dollar hit for 2014/2015 without offloading their own stinky turd. Remember, that's why we let Omer go - $5/$5/$15.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 07:42 AM)
But it requires the Bulls to take on whatever bad contract is being sent back unless you're getting a currently-expiring deal, and a "high dollar currently expiring deal" has significant value to teams trying to get under the cap this year, so acquiring Boozer would hurt that. The Bulls would probably have to send something along like a draft pick to sweeten the deal there.

Some team might want Boozer. If you appreciate what he is and not what you think he should be, he isn't a bad player.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 08:58 AM)
Some team might want Boozer. If you appreciate what he is and not what you think he should be, he isn't a bad player.

But since he's signed for 2 years, people will look at him in trades and focus on being stuck paying for him next year. How many solid teams are there who would be willing to take that hit, lose $15 million they could spend on the FA market next offseason or push themselves $15 million closer to the tax line next year while simultaneously giving up at least a useful expiring deal?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 07:57 AM)
No one's taking that Asik $15 million dollar hit for 2014/2015 without offloading their own stinky turd. Remember, that's why we let Omer go - $5/$5/$15.

I thought it only applied to the Bulls if they had signed him themselves?

Otherwise it's 8/8/8, right?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 10:31 AM)
Time to not be the Bulls or Thibs, trade people away and tank the s*** out of this team. Come back next year with Rose, Butler, Mirotic some draft picks and a couple of free agents and maybe Noah.

And Wiggins or Parker :)

If the Bulls are smart and tank this could be their San Antonio Spurs 1996-1997 season that led to them getting Duncan and being able to pair Robinson and Duncan for their frontline. But sadly GarPax will probably keep the status quo and the Bulls will limp into the playoffs setting the franchise back.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 10:36 AM)
I am running out of things I care about to put into my signature. The Blackhawks are the only team that does not disappoint.

GET THAT s*** OUTTA YOUR SIG NOW YOU JINX!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 10:45 AM)
If the Bulls are smart and tank this could be their San Antonio Spurs 1996-1997 season that led to them getting Duncan and being able to pair Robinson and Duncan for their frontline. But sadly GarPax will probably keep the status quo and the Bulls will limp into the playoffs setting the franchise back.

Preach.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 10:39 AM)
lol. warriors would never do that. Does suck they extended bogut, though. Noah for Barnes would at least get their attention.

I said "shoulda" because the Bulls turned it down when Barnes was drafted. Because competing last year was #1 priority.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 10:45 AM)

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 10:51 AM)
Preach.

I fear it's less GarPax and more Thibs. Only way to tank is to force Thibs to play Teague and Snell by trading Kirk, Dunleavy, Deng, and Booz.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 11:54 AM)
You can tank, but you first have to get rid of your star players and you have to do it quickly

If you trade Deng, Boozer and Hinrich this team will be really bad. Hinrich isn't even a good player but Teague is so awful that playing him 35 minutes a game is worth several losses. Plus, Noah and Butler are both locks to miss a bunch of time so you are going to have a joke of a roster. I'm sure the Bulls can give Hinrich away for a 2nd round pick and hopefully they can find deals for Deng and Boozer.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 25, 2013 -> 10:56 AM)
I fear it's less GarPax and more Thibs. Only way to tank is to force Thibs to play Teague and Snell by trading Kirk, Dunleavy, Deng, and Booz.

Or just get rid of Thibs. His irresponsible minutes have led to the ruin of Noah and Deng anyway as well. Can't blame him for broken Rose, though.

I'm lashing out. Ignore me.