NBA Thread 2013-2014

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 12:20 PM)
When the hell is this MRI?

I got a feeling the Bulls know it's a torn acl and are just working on a way to release the results if that makes sense.

The MRI is unnecessary anyway. The ACL is torn. Rose already told his teammates it's the same injury. The Bulls 'fear' it's torn. the doc rubbed his knee I'm sure and realized (hey, the giant tendon is split).

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 12:23 PM)
I thought with acl tears you can still walk around. Sounds like Rose couldnt put any pressure on it. Im hoping its a really bad sprain and he'll just be out a few weeks.

His reaction wasn't what you generally see with an ACL but you never know.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 12:24 PM)
The MRI is unnecessary anyway. The ACL is torn. Rose already told his teammates it's the same injury. The Bulls 'fear' it's torn. the doc rubbed his knee I'm sure and realized (hey, the giant tendon is split).

Where did u read that about him saying it was the same?

Having it buckle and feel painful to put weight on right after injury is common. There are times when the person can walk on it and maybe even lightly run, but usually the swelling at the least will make this unbearable. Painful pop/rupture, maybe a few seconds of feeling non-horrible, then an extremely sore knee that will buckle under pressure is to be expected for several weeks

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 12:33 PM)
Having it buckle and feel painful to put weight on right after injury is common. There are times when the person can walk on it and maybe even lightly run, but usually the swelling at the least will make this unbearable. Painful pop/rupture, maybe a few seconds of feeling non-horrible, then an extremely sore knee that will buckle under pressure is to be expected for several weeks

My meniscus tear looked a lot like what he did. Weird buckle, delayed pain then worthless knee.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 01:47 PM)
Isn't a sprain technically a small tear. From what has been posted by alleged insiders, and having the Portland doctor look at him, I think they know it is an ACL injury, and the MRI is confirming how bad. Hopefully I am very wrong.

I think they'd need the MRI to plan for the surgery anyway.

QUOTE (Jake @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 12:33 PM)

It's what my knee did in baseball and it was just hyperextended. I jumped and turned to catch a ball in CF, felt my right knee slip right in and out of place and heard the nastiest pop. I tried to get up but really couldn't, though I eventually was able to walk/shuffle for a small distance before I had to remove pressure from it all together. Was able to walk off...it can be possible. Just gotta hope.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 02:02 PM)
It's what my knee did in baseball and it was just hyperextended. I jumped and turned to catch a ball in CF, felt my right knee slip right in and out of place and heard the nastiest pop. I tried to get up but really couldn't, though I eventually was able to walk/shuffle for a small distance before I had to remove pressure from it all together. Was able to walk off...it can be possible. Just gotta hope.

This sounds disturbingly familiar. Of course, I've never fully recovered from any of the times it happened, so I suspect something in there is partially torn.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 01:03 PM)
This sounds disturbingly familiar. Of course, I've never fully recovered from any of the times it happened, so I suspect something in there is partially torn.

Me either. Ending up f***ing up the other knee too.

Is there any difference as to how the Bulls should proceed with the building of the team if this is a 6-8 week injury as opposed to a season ending one? The disheartening thing about this injury to me is that it could put Rose in the dreaded "injury prone" category and as such would mean that he should not be the guy to build the team around.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 11:39 AM)
It isn't that easy to get that type of star. The Bulls were horrible a long time and couldn't draft one. The just got lucky with the lottery.

Agreed, but in the NBA you don't have much of a choice. Maybe there will be a couple year period after LeBron retires where a team with no star wins it.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 01:35 PM)
Is there any difference as to how the Bulls should proceed with the building of the team if this is a 6-8 week injury as opposed to a season ending one? The disheartening thing about this injury to me is that it could put Rose in the dreaded "injury prone" category and as such would mean that he should not be the guy to build the team around.

He's already there. Even if this isn't a worse-case scenario, Derrick is a high-risk injury in waiting whenever he takes the court.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 01:44 PM)
He's already there. Even if this isn't a worse-case scenario, Derrick is a high-risk injury in waiting whenever he takes the court.

So you think like I do that they should tear this roster down and hope you get lucky in the lottery.

The main things that change IMO:

Lu gets traded -- I think someone will want him, might get a good pick if we take a bad contract (and why not do that?)

Zero question about a Boozer amnesty if he makes it to the end of the season -- but we now might try to trade

The biggest one: we now market Joakim hard and get the best possible value for him, which should be first round draft pick.

It just forces the restructuring process to occur a little sooner, plus dumping Jo who we otherwise would have kept for the "next core." Might be interesting to see how many picks and such that we can rack up