NBA Thread 2013-2014

Counting the shorten locked out season and the 10 games or so Rose played so far, he has had at least 8 different injuries happened to him, but the thing is he was one of the most durable and tough players in the league prior to 2011. I've been asking myself lately, why again, why another injury, just what exactly is he doing differently than he did earlier in his career? Is he just that unlucky? Has all the beating he took in his young career finally caught up? I think that question is answered tonight, the basketball god just hates him.

If this is an ACL tear, I think Derrick Rose will be right up there with Grant Hill as the most disappointing what ifs in history of basketball, given that he's a superstar entering his prime, and Bulls had title inspirations when he suited up that past few years.

I don't think I can follow basketball again this season.

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've downed about 6 cups of vodka/oj and I feel the need to speak my mind. To Badger, your acqusations (I know I spelled that wrong) are wack. Do you really think i'm sitting here poppin' champagne and lmao at what's happened to rose? i'm not, nor will I ever be, the cuddly, goo goo ga ga homer (think elrockin) bulls fan that i'm sure most people here would love. But I am a bulls fan. Have been for most of my life. This is tragic what's happened to derrick. This is a new golden age for the nba and it's only gonna get better with the '14 class coming in. But to lose Derrick sucks in a big way. For the Bulls and the league. Assuming it's a tear (I guess there's a 10% chance it's something not as severe) then it's official: Derrick Rose's body has betrayed him. No more fluke this or bad luck that. The kid is as injury prone as injury prone gets and can't be counted on for anything going forward. And it's strange. Dude was ironman his first three years. Then the lockout season comes and he's like a 90-year old man. Whatever. the Bulls are bigger than Rose and have to go on. Badger says the bulls shouldn't turn their back on him. THEY LITERALLY CAN'T! They can't amnesty him. Too late for that. They can't trade him. He's ours until he decides to retire or his contract runs out. That said, you have to "forget" about him. The quiet, humbled, hometown superstar that was supposed to take us places we haven't seen since 23 is gone. You can cry, whine, life is over, act like your kid died, etc, etc all you want. But it is what it is. Rose won't be the first or last player that you'll ultimately wonder "what if" when it comes to his career. Bulls need to trade off whatever they can (not butler, Teague or snell) for young players/assets. If you have to take back a bad contract or two (no longterm ones) then so be it. Thibs has to adjust. No more playing your starters insane minutes to win every single regular season game possible. It's year 4. Time to develop, or at least attempt to, some young talent that can improve the future. I won't even talk about tanking because the east is so buck s*** after Miami/Indiana it's not even funny. Ideally the bulls finish something like 34-48 and still have a good shot at a top 6 pick.

Edited by Jordan4life

Just saw the news. FFFFFFFUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!

Crazy s***, must have happened right after I turned it of.

Bulls are toast. Trade Deng, trade Boozer. No reason to pay the luxury tax.They'll still magically win 40 though because Thibs has one speed and the east is garbage. Hope Mirotic is Dirk 2.0 and Derrrick can at least give them one or two more solid years, even if he ends up looking more like Jrue Holiday. The Bobcat's pick suddenly became a lot more important.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 05:58 AM)
Just saw the news. FFFFFFFUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!

Crazy s***, must have happened right after I turned it of.

Bulls are toast. Trade Deng, trade Boozer. No reason to pay the luxury tax.They'll still magically win 40 though because Thibs has one speed and the east is garbage. Hope Mirotic is Dirk 2.0 and Derrrick can at least give them one or two more solid years, even if he ends up looking more like Jrue Holiday. The Bobcat's pick suddenly became a lot more important.

Blow it up If Rose is done for year.

Well, my worst fears when watching the injury have been confirmed. The saddest part about this is the torture of watching the replay. Unlike last time, Rose mentally didn't accept the injury and tried to run on it. His mind is so ruined right now. That's a boy who's going to have some pretty rough days ahead.

As humans, we have to care about Derrick and his mental well-being. If his first ACL tear was the "worst day" of his life (his words), then right now I'd be willing to bet he's sobbing somewhere. That's a lot of rehab and mentally building yourself up and lying to yourself only to have the other f***ing knee go out. I can't imagine being mentally strong enough to want to do that again, let alone trying to come back and actually play your style of ball. That's done. Derrick Rose as an All-Star level player is a thing of the past.

Man, it happened the same f***ing way. Tweaky little injury that he plays through and the knee goes. His ACLs had a shelf life of 23 years, the second only took longer because of the lengthly absence.

I can only assume he's not going to rest 19 months for this one, too.

As I stated last night when I first visually realized that there was going to be no prognosis but "f*cked", if amnesty were an option right now - you do it. It's not, so the Bulls need to have a strong 24 hours of brainstorming and come to the resolution that pretty much everyone needs to be traded ASAP for expiring garbage. If the Bulls won four more games this year (or less), that'd be best for the franchise.

Since we all know that's not going to happen - what will the Bulls do? Knowing their front office, the chances are high that they'll roll with this team and finish .500. Basketball hell has a seat open on the bus, and it's being kept warm for the Bulls.

There's no reason Rose shouldn't be back for preseason. He'll never be the same, though.

For a player whom I truly believe cares about basketball first and nothing else, clearly retirement won't be an option. I leave you all with a few gifs. Once done with these gifs, move along, because Derrick Rose is never going to be the same.

derrick-rose-dunks-on-dragic-o.gif

id5i5T84CQYpA.gif

This was like f***ing 20 days ago.

drose-breaks-andre-millers-ankles.gif

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 11:08 AM)
Its hindsight, but it makes not punting on last year all of the more stupid. They could have already been in year two of this and having some guys in position to start to rebuild this thing.

Considering this will be 4 blown seasons out of his career, hell, may as well enjoy the fact that they broke the Heat's streak, because that's the best they could have gotten.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 03:30 AM)
So I've downed about 6 cups of vodka/oj and I feel the need to speak my mind. To Badger, your acqusations (I know I spelled that wrong) are wack. Do you really think i'm sitting here poppin' champagne and lmao at what's happened to rose? i'm not, nor will I ever be, the cuddly, goo goo ga ga homer (think elrockin) bulls fan that i'm sure most people here would love. But I am a bulls fan. Have been for most of my life. This is tragic what's happened to derrick. This is a new golden age for the nba and it's only gonna get better with the '14 class coming in. But to lose Derrick sucks in a big way. For the Bulls and the league. Assuming it's a tear (I guess there's a 10% chance it's something not as severe) then it's official: Derrick Rose's body has betrayed him. No more fluke this or bad luck that. The kid is as injury prone as injury prone gets and can't be counted on for anything going forward. And it's strange. Dude was ironman his first three years. Then the lockout season comes and he's like a 90-year old man. Whatever. the Bulls are bigger than Rose and have to go on. Badger says the bulls shouldn't turn their back on him. THEY LITERALLY CAN'T! They can't amnesty him. Too late for that. They can't trade him. He's ours until he decides to retire or his contract runs out. That said, you have to "forget" about him. The quiet, humbled, hometown superstar that was supposed to take us places we haven't seen since 23 is gone. You can cry, whine, life is over, act like your kid died, etc, etc all you want. But it is what it is. Rose won't be the first or last player that you'll ultimately wonder "what if" when it comes to his career. Bulls need to trade off whatever they can (not butler, Teague or snell) for young players/assets. If you have to take back a bad contract or two (no longterm ones) then so be it. Thibs has to adjust. No more playing your starters insane minutes to win every single regular season game possible. It's year 4. Time to develop, or at least attempt to, some young talent that can improve the future. I won't even talk about tanking because the east is so buck s*** after Miami/Indiana it's not even funny. Ideally the bulls finish something like 34-48 and still have a good shot at a top 6 pick.

Maybe you werent, but it sure seemed like it.

And quite frankly I never thought this Bulls team would win a championship, ive wanted to trade assets for years to get a better core that made more sense.

As for Thibs, no one has b****ed/moaned/complained about how he has treated players than me. So you are preaching to the choir. And thats why I was so angry, because I honestly believe that his first injury was avoidable.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 23, 2013 -> 10:56 AM)
Maybe you werent, but it sure seemed like it.

And quite frankly I never thought this Bulls team would win a championship, ive wanted to trade assets for years to get a better core that made more sense.

As for Thibs, no one has b****ed/moaned/complained about how he has treated players than me. So you are preaching to the choir. And thats why I was so angry, because I honestly believe that his first injury was avoidable.

This injury probably goes a long way towards proving the guy just has a disposition to the injury, and it was going to happen no matter how much rest he got.