NBA Thread 2013-2014

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 19, 2013 -> 12:25 PM)
So does Joakim Noah just suck now or what?

I think it's a little early to tell. He didn't have a preseason to get into game shape. But yeah, he basically has no role in the offense right now. He'll get a few rebounds for you, but that's about it.

As a whole I think the Bulls are still a work in progress. Guys gotta gel.

It's a day that ends in Y, so you know what that means: an injured Bull.

After the victory, however, the third-year swingman acknowledged that he was in some pain. Butler didn’t participate in Tuesday’s practice at the Berto Center and his status for the Bulls’ upcoming "Circus Trip," which begins with Thursday’s game against the Nuggets in Denver, is uncertain.

"He didn’t do anything [at practice]," Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau said. "He’s going to have an MRI this afternoon."

"I don’t know [about Butler’s availability]," he continued the coach, who noted that initial X-rays on Butler’s toe were negative. "I want to see what they [the Bulls’ medical staff] have to say after the MRI, so we’ll know more [Tuesday] afternoon.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 02:36 PM)
I really like the Rose-Hinrich backcourt, which they should be using with Butler out, so it's no biggy to me. If that starting backcourt continues to thrive I'd hope to see Deng moved at some point to move Jimmy to the SF position.

Just to note...Deng has been carrying the Bulls the last couple games.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 01:36 PM)
I really like the Rose-Hinrich backcourt, which they should be using with Butler out, so it's no biggy to me. If that starting backcourt continues to thrive I'd hope to see Deng moved at some point to move Jimmy to the SF position.

You're trying to win a championship this year, you're not moving Deng. Not to mention having Hinrich play starters minutes for a long period of time is just a recipe for disaster.

But yes, in the short term we can live with out Jummy but I hope it's not a lingering thing.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 20, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)
The Celtics are hot garbage. Here is Rajon Rondo reviewing a stat sheet of their woeful first-half performance last night. You'll know when it's funny.

That last look on his face was priceless.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 02:58 PM)
So for fun, would you trade Anthony Davis for the first pick in the 2014 draft?

Are we talking in terms of being the Pelicans? Or just being a GM of XXXX team that has Davis on the roster?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 02:58 PM)
So for fun, would you trade Anthony Davis for the first pick in the 2014 draft?

I wouldn't and it really isn't even that hard of a choice. Davis can be an absolute defensive anchor along with being well above average offensively.

He has the potential to be KG on offense (maybe a bit better scoring, but worse passing), with KGs help defense, but with Camby's shotblocking ability.

We've seen how valuable a dominant low post presence can be. Wings are easier to find than guys like Davis.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Nov 21, 2013 -> 03:17 PM)
I wouldn't and it really isn't even that hard of a choice. Davis can be an absolute defensive anchor along with being well above average offensively.

He has the potential to be KG on offense (maybe a bit better scoring, but worse passing), with KGs help defense, but with Camby's shotblocking ability.

We've seen how valuable a dominant low post presence can be. Wings are easier to find than guys like Davis.

Nice reply. Can't say I disagree with anything here.