Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 06:57 PM)
Phillies willing to listen to offers for Cliff Lee according to Jerry Cransick. Could affect Peavy's value

Willing to listen but not yet trade. Unless the offers are sky high they probably wont trade him.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 06:57 PM)
Phillies willing to listen to offers for Cliff Lee according to Jerry Cransick. Could affect Peavy's value

Wasn't he just scratched due to an arm injury?

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 07:16 PM)
MLBInsidersLive says Cardinals willing 2 offer Adams,Butler,Blazek to WhiteSox 4 Peavy,Ramirez.

I hope they wouldnt be expecting a lot of cash with that deal. No way I would ship those two and cash for Adams and two f***ing relievers.

MLBInsidersLive says Cardinals willing 2 offer Adams,Butler,Blazek to WhiteSox 4 Peavy,Ramirez.

You would like to see something else added to that deal, but it would be worth it just to get Adams. That is the young impact bat we have all wanted for a while now. Plus, while Butler and Blazek are both reliever, they both have solid floors and could both wind up being solid relievers for a couple years. Can contribute right away (Hahn and Co. want to get competitive sooner rather than later) and definitely safer acquisitions than some of the lower level position prospects

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 07:39 PM)
That report contradicts all other indications that Adams is untouchable.

If we could somehow get Adams and Wong - I'd refrain from masterbatory exercise for a year.

AKA - it's highly unlikely.

I'd do the opposite

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 07:39 PM)
That report contradicts all other indications that Adams is untouchable.

If we could somehow get Adams and Wong - I'd refrain from masterbatory exercise for a year.

AKA - it's highly unlikely.

I still think Peavy is best suited for the Red Sox.

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 07:45 PM)
If Hahn was able to acquire Adams + for Peavy and Ramirez, and Profar for Dunn and Rios... I'd be okay with him getting a lifetime contract to be the GM of this team.

Profar for Dunn & Rios? Dude, I don't mean to hate, but you have a better chance of f***ing Aaliyah tonight than that trade ever taking place.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 12:44 AM)
I'm sorry but you don't move Peavy & Ramirez for a 1B and two relievers. Hell, I wouldn't take that package for just Peavy. You have to get a second legit prospect, especially if you're giving up Alexei as well.

Yep, that would be a salary dump more than a trade to try and better the franchise.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 05:44 PM)
I'm sorry but you don't move Peavy & Ramirez for a 1B and two relievers. Hell, I wouldn't take that package for just Peavy. You have to get a second legit prospect, especially if you're giving up Alexei as well.

Give me Adams + Wong + The relievers and we can talk

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 07:48 PM)
Profar for Dunn & Rios? Dude, I don't mean to hate, but you have a better chance of f***ing Aaliyah tonight than that trade ever taking place.

I didn't say it would happen, but it would be sweet if it did.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 07:53 PM)
Give me Adams + Wong + The relievers and we can talk

Yup, you have to get Adams plus another top 100 caliber prospect (Wong or Martinez would do). Otherwise, there is no reason to rush into a deal. We should have the leverage here. Someone will eventually pull the trigger on a Peavy deal IMO.

Saw that, wreaks of fake account with the sheer amount of info on a trade no one else is chirping about, plus not verified. Anyone know if it's real?