Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 01:36 PM)
Cubs listening on offers for Samardzija according to Rosenthal.

Great

If true someone sure seems to have a firm grasp that they are in the same market as the White Sox . Traded Garza before Peavy, supposedly beat the Sox to the Yanks on Rios now alledgedly throwing Samardzija into the same arena as PV.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 03:45 PM)
If true someone sure seems to have a firm grasp that they are in the same market as the White Sox . Traded Garza before Peavy, supposedly beat the Sox to the Yanks on Rios now alledgedly throwing Samardzija into the same arena as PV.

Well to be fair Peavy wasn't even healthy yet. And Rios said he was never asked about a trade to the Yankees.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 04:49 PM)
Well to be fair Peavy wasn't even healthy yet. And Rios said he was never asked about a trade to the Yankees.

Didn't some thread say that Rios wouldn't approve a trade to the Yankees and they're on his no-trade list?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 03:54 PM)
Didn't some thread say that Rios wouldn't approve a trade to the Yankees and they're on his no-trade list?

Yes (Joel Sherman, of the NY Post reported that) but Rios said that he has not and would not block any trade to the Yankees and is rather upset that people are making it up and reporting it.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 03:36 PM)
Cubs listening on offers for Samardzija according to Rosenthal.

Great

Big deal. My BS sensor is going off big-time.

Totally stinks of a certain Mr. Hahn being tested. Haven't some of you been in schools, fraternities, sports teams, business organizations, the military, and so on, where the "new guy" is tested every which way to see what he's got? One or more teams trying to lessen Hahn's leverage probably called the Cubs to inquire about Samardzija. Or perhaps Ephoyer started "shopping" Samardzija in order to mess with Hahn and the Sox a bit. In either case, the perception is that Peavy isn't the only top pitcher on the market -- there's Samardzija or Lee or Santana or the ghost of Walter "Big Train" Johnson.

Lots of smoke and circus mirrors this time of year, folks. Lots of misinformation, disinformation, and noninformation. Lots of plain old BS.

Stay the course, Rick. You've got some good chips. And most of your leverage is that you don't actually have to trade those chips. Sure, Peavy, Rios, and Ramirez can be had if we're excited about what you're giving us back. If not, then we'll see if someone else will. And if nobody does, then there's the off-season and next year's trade deadline.

Test underway, Rick. Show 'em what you've got, kid!

PS - That said ... MUST ... TRADE ... CRAIN. First one to offer us a fair PTBNL sliding scale deal gets one of the best "potential" difference making arms to be had for a stretch run. Sox aren't going to sign him for next year. Sure, wish he wasn't currently injured and we could have got more, but let's quit with the crying and get what we can.

Edited by CyAcosta41

QUOTE (CyAcosta41 @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 02:35 PM)
Big deal. My BS sensor is going off big-time.

Totally stinks of a certain Mr. Hahn being tested. Haven't some of you been in schools, fraternities, sports teams, business organizations, the military, and so on, where the "new guy" is tested every which way to see what he's got? One or more teams trying to lessen Hahn's leverage probably called the Cubs to inquire about Samardzija. Or perhaps Ephoyer started "shopping" Samardzija in order to mess with Hahn and the Sox a bit. In either case, the perception is that Peavy isn't the only top pitcher on the market -- there's Samardzija or Lee or Santana or the ghost of Walter "Big Train" Johnson.

Lots of smoke and circus mirrors this time of year, folks. Lots of misinformation, disinformation, and noninformation. Lots of plain old BS.

Stay the course, Rick. You've got some good chips. And most of your leverage is that you don't actually have to trade those chips. Sure, Peavy, Rios, and Ramirez can be had if we're excited about what you're giving us back. If not, then we'll see if someone else will. And if nobody does, then there's the off-season and next year's trade deadline.

Test underway, Rick. Show 'em what you've got, kid!

PS - That said ... MUST ... TRADE ... CRAIN. First one to offer us a fair PTBNL sliding scale deal gets one of the best "potential" difference making arms to be had for a stretch run. Sox aren't going to sign him for next year. Sure, wish he wasn't currently injured and we could have got more, but let's quit with the crying and get what we can.

One of the best posts I've read in a while.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 05:45 PM)
One of the best posts I've read in a while.

Agree. Hit the nail directly on the head.

Any information out there right now is pretty much useless until something happens. 95% of it is BS.

Wouldn't shock me at all to see some random team jump in and get Peavy.

QUOTE (staxx @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 06:50 PM)
Agree. Hit the nail directly on the head.

Any information out there right now is pretty much useless until something happens. 95% of it is BS.

Wouldn't shock me at all to see some random team jump in and get Peavy.

I feel like the usual way this goes is that everything comes together for the biggest name on the market on about the 30th, and then another move happens on the 31st or so.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 05:55 PM)
Nah. We have to trade Peavy. Because reasons and I'm "tired of waiting".

This is the general vibe I get from a lot of people here. Everyone has to be traded right this very instant, but the haul has to be huge because derp derp derp Random Prospects Names derp.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Jul 27, 2013 -> 04:33 PM)
This is the general vibe I get from a lot of people here. Everyone has to be traded right this very instant, but the haul has to be huge because derp derp derp Random Prospects Names derp.

You forgot about poop

General vibe around here: poop, poop, poop, poop poop poop, poop poop, poop. Poop. Poop poop poop poop poop. Poop poop poop, poop poop, poop poop poop poop poop. poop, poop, poop, poop poop poop, poop poop, poop. Poop. Poop poop poop poop poop. Poop poop poop, poop poop, poop poop poop poop poop. poop, poop, poop, poop poop poop, poop poop, poop. Poop. Poop poop poop poop poop. Poop poop poop, poop poop, poop poop poop poop poop. poop, poop, poop, poop poop poop, poop poop, poop. Poop. Poop poop poop poop poop. Poop poop poop, poop poop, poop poop poop poop poop.

Basically - after a week of speculation...

Everything turns to s***.