Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 01:14 PM)
Done and done.

Would love that package, but names being discussed, not all together probably. It says something that the A's and their relatively weak farm system are the "favorites" when organizations that are rich on young talent like St. Louis, Boston, and Atlanta are involved.

QUOTE (elwood5892 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 06:23 PM)
Hi guys. Long time lurker. Thought this was interesting.

@DanHayesCSN: #WhiteSox source has Oakland #Athletics in front of Jake Peavy sweepstakes. Peavy brought extra bags on trip in case, per @JJStankevitz.

welcome aboard!

this totally sounds like a ploy to get other teams to up their offers. Hahn seems to be working this deadline like we all want him to, and the sox need him to.

Hopefully, Ricks not screwing other GMs over and burning bridges.

QUOTE (beck72 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 02:55 PM)
welcome aboard!

this totally sounds like a ploy to get other teams to up their offers. Hahn seems to be working this deadline like we all want him to, and the sox need him to.

Hopefully, Ricks not screwing other GMs over and burning bridges.

So far all this seems standard, and at least from the PLayer's side, Peavy seems quite content with how the Sox have treated him and kept him informed.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 01:57 PM)
So far all this seems standard, and at least from the PLayer's side, Peavy seems quite content with how the Sox have treated him and kept him informed.

Yeah, Peavy does seem pretty content with how Hahn has handled all of this.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 03:00 PM)
It's on like donkey kong!!!

Please f***ing don't wait until tonight to disclose the trade - I want to be a productive human being again!!!

Peavy's next scheduled start would be Tuesday, right? That would mean monday/tuesday would be the day to get that done.

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 02:01 PM)
Will Carroll recently tweeted that three of his credible sources have Peavy going to three different teams. I'd post the tweet but I'm at the Nats game.

Well played Rick.

The Will Carroll tweet is "Three different sources told me they think Peavy is going to three different teams. All usually credible."

Another tweet "If I was going to name the teams, I would have. I try to keep things as accurate as I can and clear no one but Rick Hahn know now."

Bidding war!

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 02:01 PM)
Will Carroll recently tweeted that three of his credible sources have Peavy going to three different teams. I'd post the tweet but I'm at the Nats game.

Well played Rick.

Will Carroll ‏@injuryexpert 27m

Three different sources told me they think Peavy is going to three different teams. All usually credible.

Will Carroll ‏@injuryexpert 25m

If I was going to name the teams, I would have. I try to keep things as accurate as I can and clear no one but Rick Hahn knows now.

QUOTE (elwood5892 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 06:58 PM)
Thanks guys. I agree about the Oakland rumor as a smokescreen to get one or more teams to up their offers. I think it is looking more and more likely that Jake has pitched his last game for us.

Ask your sources over at Fox Patrick.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 02:06 PM)
Hopefully it's an hour after the game and they package Peavy and Alexei to the Cards.

With the prospects they have in St. Louis, if they want Peavy and Alexei, they just gotta get them. Somebody is Hahn's main target and the rest are just drumming up the price. I would hope his focus is on the Cards because their interest in Alexei as well. Kill two birds with one stone.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 03:19 PM)
JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm now

Peavy about to be traded according to Bruce Levine ESPN Chicago...could be A's or Braves (Red Sox, Cardinals, O's say it's not them)

I haven't had a chance to do this in a while.

bombers_b52_0008.jpg

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 02:19 PM)
Jeff Passan tweets that a deal is not imminent, Hahn still talking to multiple teams. Asking price higher than Garza deal.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 28, 2013 -> 02:19 PM)
JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm now

Peavy about to be traded according to Bruce Levine ESPN Chicago...could be A's or Braves (Red Sox, Cardinals, O's say it's not them)

lol, welcome to trade deadline