Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 04:39 PM)
Rongey and DJ are talking about Peavy maybe making a third start next Tuesday. Boy, I hope not. Get it done by Sunday.

They are employed by the White Sox. They are not going to talk as if Peavy is a goner and give away leverage. Plus, it's either illegal or discouraged to do such a thing anyways.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 08:35 PM)
Twitter be blowin up with all sorts of speculation

A's

Arizona

Dodgers

Red Sox

Cardnals

Braves

Good lord, I'm gonna be useless for a week. :P

Where do you see twitter blowing up? Who is tweeting anything?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 08:53 PM)
Keith Law on the score said the Sox should definitely get a much better haul for Peavy than the Cubs got for Garza

Now I like to hear that. And Law hates the Sox lol. Make it happen Hahn, but only if the right deal is there.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 02:53 AM)
Keith Law on the score said the Sox should definitely get a much better haul for Peavy than the Cubs got for Garza

That's good, as Rosenthal was on B&B earlier today and was much less optimistic about the whole Peavy situation.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 08:55 PM)
That's good, as Rosenthal was on B&B earlier today and was much less optimistic about the whole Peavy situation.

Heard that as well, was not psyched after hearing that

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 01:59 AM)
Heard that as well, was not psyched after hearing that

IIRC, Rosenthal has been stressing that teams are concerned about having to take on the rest of Peavy's contract. B&B kept suggesting the Braves as a possible spot, but they don't have much at all to give up.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 08:54 PM)
Now I like to hear that. And Law hates the Sox lol. Make it happen Hahn, but only if the right deal is there.

Don't you see this is another way for him to rip the Sox. He says they should get a great haul and then after the trade he can say they should have done much better. This is because he KNOWS they could have done better and reported it before the deal.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 09:11 PM)
Don't you see this is another way for him to rip the Sox. He says they should get a great haul and then after the trade he can say they should have done much better. This is because he KNOWS they could have done better and reported it before the deal.

Eh I don't see it like you do.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 06:11 PM)

Was my thought exactly. You've got to read between the lines so often this time of year.

We would have been good lawyers dude.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 09:32 PM)
Are you guys serious? It doesn't matter if Law actually hates the Sox, he's an objective analyst. He's not going out of his way to bash the Sox.

While I fully agree, good luck with that argument around here.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 26, 2013 -> 03:32 AM)
Are you guys serious? It doesn't matter if Law actually hates the Sox, he's an objective analyst. He's not going out of his way to bash the Sox.

I'm usually on the media isnt out to get the Sox wagon but Law through the years is to much but with Kenny no longer GM maybe he will rank Chris Sale in his top 50 under 25

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 09:45 PM)
I'm usually on the media isnt out to get the Sox wagon but Law through the years is to much but with Kenny no longer GM maybe he will rank Chris Sale in his top 50 under 25

He's admitted he was wrong on Sale multiple times. It's the nature of the business.