Gake Threa: Sat. 6/29 Wahoos vs. Yahoos

BigEdWalsh

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 12:18 AM)
Gotta love the lack of hustle by Rios leading off the 9th. At least the attendance was good.

Would it be OK to say Rios is a dog? If that's too critical, how bout a loafer? Or a guy who obviously plays the game for the love of money? Anyhow, how can the Sox lose 3 straight games to an average team in their own division at home? I hate to say it, but fire Robin. Or ask him to resign. Or activate him and let him be the DH. Just end this agony.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2013 -> 05:22 PM)
Would it be OK to say Rios is a dog? If that's too critical, how bout a loafer? Or a guy who obviously plays the game for the love of money? Anyhow, how can the Sox lose 3 straight games to an average team in their own division at home? I hate to say it, but fire Robin. Or ask him to resign. Or activate him and let him be the DH. Just end this agony.

It doesn't matter, Greg. It's over. GAKE OVAH!

The players we're going to see for the next 84 games and the everyday starting line-up for 2014 will likely be completely different, with the exceptions of Beckham, Viciedo and probably Gillaspie.

Best for the new manager to have a completely fresh start in spring training to put his own imprint on things from the very beginning, assuming that Ventura's not back.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jun 29, 2013 -> 11:32 PM)
All the years watching this team and I have to say this team is as bad or worse than the '89 team, and that's saying a lot

This is an underachieving team. They all should be ashamed as they deposit their paychecks.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jun 29, 2013 -> 05:32 PM)
All the years watching this team and I have to say this team is as bad or worse than the '89 team, and that's saying a lot

Ironic, because that team was the season right before my favorite all-time White Sox team, the 1990 squad.

I remember those years, the best hitter for 2-3 seasons was Ivan Calderon, along with Baines and Fisk, of course.

At least you had the anticipation over Thomas, Ventura, McDowell, Sosa, Wilson Alvarez, Alex Fernandez, Jason Bere, etc.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 29, 2013 -> 07:56 PM)
Ironic, because that team was the season right before my favorite all-time White Sox team, the 1990 squad.

I remember those years, the best hitter for 2-3 seasons was Ivan Calderon, along with Baines and Fisk, of course.

At least you had the anticipation over Thomas, Ventura, McDowell, Sosa, Wilson Alvarez, Alex Fernandez, Jason Bere, etc.

1990 team came together it was a mix of youngsters with veterans

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2013 -> 08:16 PM)
I really feel sorry for you guys who care about stuff like the Marlins' score.

It's tongue-in-cheek backwards scoreboard watching.

Everyone knows the Marlins and Astros will be drafting 1-2 next year. Sox will be somewhere between 3-7. I'd prefer 3rd.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 30, 2013 -> 02:19 AM)
It's tongue-in-cheek backwards scoreboard watching.

Everyone knows the Marlins and Astros will be drafting 1-2 next year. Sox will be somewhere between 3-7. I'd prefer 3rd.

Funny thing is, Astros have a much better team than the White Sox. But I don't get the wasted energy caring about the boring June draft. BORING.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 29, 2013 -> 08:21 PM)
Funny thing is, Astros have a much better team than the White Sox. But I don't get the wasted energy caring about the boring June draft. BORING.

Eh, it kinda depends on the year. Some years, there are a few premium players that having the 3rd pick is a good thing. I'm not sure about next year, but hey, why not have the best pick possible and get a potential future all-star.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 29, 2013 -> 09:31 PM)
Eh, it kinda depends on the year. Some years, there are a few premium players that having the 3rd pick is a good thing. I'm not sure about next year, but hey, why not have the best pick possible and get a potential future all-star.

Had he been draft-eligible this year, Carlos Rodon would have been a top-three pick in this year's draft.

He's dominated ever since he came onto campus.

During his freshman year (2012), Rodon was 9-0 with a 1.57 ERA and 135 strikeouts. This year, he's 9-2 with a 3.19 ERA and 170 strikeouts.

Needless to say, Rodon is a power pitcher. His fastball touches 97-98 mph, and, according to Crawfish Boxes, he's the clear front-runner to be the top pick in next year's draft

His thick, muscular frame has allowed him to hold his velocity deep into games, and he pairs his four seamer with an 90-91 MPH cutter that keeps hitters honest. Though he possesses premium velocity, especially for a lefty, Rodon is not a one-dimensional pitcher. His slider is rated by some as a plus pitch, and he's developing a splitter to act as an offspeed offering. His mechanics are clean an easy- he repeats his delivery well and generates easy velocity.

This is who you want....Pair this lefty with Sale going forward :D

DY-NA-MITE