Do we really have to be sellers?

sin city sox fan

Maybe its the 117 degree heat in Las Vegas making me crazy, but what if we decided to be buyers instead of sellers? We are only 10.5 games out of first place and no one seems prepared to run away with this division. Lets go out and trade for a 1B, 3B, C, OF, DH, and a couple of pitchers. If we have the opportunity, lets upgrade at other positions as well. We can turn this thing around with the pickup of 8 or 10 new players who contribute strongly. Wouldn't it be a hoot if we won the division after this start??

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paying a premium for 5 different positions when the team would still need a full out baseball miracle to even get back into contention is about the worst idea I've heard.

I would strongly suggest staying inside, because if the heat is making you that crazy, you are apt to do something later that you may regret.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 09:58 PM)
Maybe its the 117 degree heat in Las Vegas making me crazy, but what if we decided to be buyers instead of sellers? We are only 10.5 games out of first place and no one seems prepared to run away with this division. Lets go out and trade for a 1B, 3B, C, OF, DH, and a couple of pitchers. If we have the opportunity, lets upgrade at other positions as well. We can turn this thing around with the pickup of 8 or 10 new players who contribute strongly. Wouldn't it be a hoot if we won the division after this start??

You just simplified the complexity of baseball and solved every issue of the team with one statement. Bravo.

Come in out of the sun, it is hot out there.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 07:58 PM)

You are talking about a brand new roster and mortaging existing talent. Why not acquire talent currently (spinning some assets which have value) and then start the process over during the off-season. 10.5 games may not be a lot but there are a ton of teams ahead and all of those teams have better rosters (imo). This lineup is atrocious.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 07:58 PM)

You really need to upgrade your class of hookers. The VD is obviously rotting your brain.

You're drunk, go home.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 03:58 AM)

I love your unbridled optimism. In fact LET's DO THIS!

Early Rasmussen polls indicate the following

2% - Buy, stay in the race, sell the future so that the Sox can finish 3rd this year and have nothing going forward

92% - Sell, this team is s*** and they will continue to be s***

6% - Picking your nose is good for the environment

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 05:18 PM)
2 out of 3 against Detroit......lets make trades for a few big contributers and we can win 14 of the final 16 against them. The division can be ours, but we need to be more than buyers....we need to be smart buyers. Go get'em Hahn!

Hi Hawk/Rongey!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 06:20 PM)
Hi Hawk/Rongey!

We are only 13 games behind Detroit and have won 67% of our games against them with the current roster. Get aggressive, add 4 or 5 new bats to the lineup, and 14 out of the next 16 is possbile. That would leave us only 1 game to make up elsewhere and there's plenty of time to do it. Buy! Buy! Buy! No white flag trades in 2013!!!

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 05:52 PM)
We are only 13 games behind Detroit and have won 67% of our games against them with the current roster. Get aggressive, add 4 or 5 new bats to the lineup, and 14 out of the next 16 is possbile. That would leave us only 1 game to make up elsewhere and there's plenty of time to do it. Buy! Buy! Buy! No white flag trades in 2013!!!

Until you look at their Bataan Death March schedule the next 30-45 games.

The only team we will be favored to beat might be the Minnesota Twins (at home).

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 06:52 PM)

Uhhh please tell me you are kidding?

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 11, 2013 -> 06:52 PM)

Sale to the Giants for Posey, Pence & Cain (Coop will fix em)

Q & Thompson to the Mariners for Seager & Morales

Get it done Hahn!