Trade Deadline 2013

hi8is

Trade Deadline 2013  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Take your pick folks...

• Trades, trades, trades, and more trades.
    • One major move and 1-2 smaller deals
    • One major move
    • We're buyers all of a sudden... b!tches
    • Trades? Hanh keeps everyone and laughs evil style
    • Trades!!! For me to poop on!!!!!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 01:30 PM)
I think Tex didn't want Peavy at least in part because of what AJ told them. That's probably why they gave up so much for Garza. Agree with Jamshack Hahn doesn't have to beat the Garza trade.

What about the fact that Garza is a much better pitcher and not so prone to breaking down?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 03:39 PM)
What about the fact that Garza is a much better pitcher and not so prone to breaking down?

I think youa re going to see 95% of people disagree with this statement. I so happen to disagree vehemently.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 01:45 PM)
I think youa re going to see 95% of people disagree with this statement. I so happen to disagree vehemently.

Apparently so. But in my opinion there's no argument, Garza is hands down a better pitcher. And for the sake of speculation, let's say it really was a choice between Peavy (signed thru '14) and Garza (a FA in 3 months), who do you think Texas believes is the better pitcher?

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 03:47 PM)
Apparently so. But in my opinion there's no argument, Garza is hands down a better pitcher. And for the sake of speculation, let's say it really was a choice between Peavy (signed thru '14) and Garza (a FA in 3 months), who do you think Texas believes is the better pitcher?

Jake Peavy.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 03:22 PM)
Has anyone here ever felt the need to defecate but found it impossible... As in, the sun can not break through heavy storm clouds... And just sits near the closed gates... Wanting all the while to reign down in a thunderous plunge?

Ladies?

Haha, This is solid gold my man! My favorite post ever here. 👍👍

Yes ladies, please form an orderly line to check in and comment from experience on the subject. Everyone will get a turn to speak, no need to fight.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 23, 2013 -> 02:39 PM)
Haha, This is solid gold my man! My favorite post ever here. 👍👍

Yes ladies, please form an orderly line to check in and comment from experience on the subject. Everyone will get a turn to speak, no need to fight.

Wtf are you talking about???

This IS a BASEBALL forum!

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Jul 24, 2013 -> 09:01 AM)
Anyone else encouraged by the return K-Rod? Delemonico isn't a bad prospect at all...

It is encouraging. After reading an article about the 'lack of sellers' due to the addition of that extra wild card spot, there are currently only 6 true sellers right now. So currently, there are 24 other teams who claim to be buyers. Not only that, but most of those buyers are seeking more pitching and a power bat. We currently have both in Rios and Peavy. I really hope Rick Hahn doesn't squander this opportunity to take advantage of a desperate market. Our farm is weak, our offense is bad- we have a golden opportunity to improve both this summer while at the same time shed some significant salary along the way.

Now that uber-competitor Jake has shown he has enough to beat a good offense on a day when the ball was flying out of the park (and, UBER-stupid of Ventura to let him go out in the 8th when there was absolutely nothing left to be gained and anything that could still happen could only be negative) ...

I predict that it will be like dominoes, with the Sox making many trades in rapid succession:

PEAVY and RAMIREZ to St. Louis -- despite the GM-speak coming out of GM Mo's mouth, the Sox and Cards match-up beautifully right now.

RIOS to Texas

DeAZA and LINDSTROM to Pittsburgh

*If Peavy/Ramirez to St. Louis doesn't happen, then substitute a lesser deal where Ramirez still goes to St. Louis and Peavy and CRAIN (YES, CRAIN) go to Boston.

And, someone WILL take a flyer on even an injured Crain - for a sliding-scale PTBNL - because nothing to lose and everything to gain for the Sox and the team who trades for *possibly* the best bullpen arm on the market.

Make it happen, Rick. Go get us a slew of prospects no more than 1-2 years away (some earlier), including a strong shortstop who could stick there, a power-hitting corner IF type, some high avg and low k guys, and some arms with at least #2 or #3 starter potential.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 06:43 PM)
Soriano to the Yankees. Cubs scratched him from the line up. Trade is 99% done.

In their last 25 games, the Yankees have zero home runs from their RH batters. And some guy named Melky Mesa has been starting in left field.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 05:17 PM)
In their last 25 games, the Yankees have zero home runs from their RH batters. And some guy named Melky Mesa has been starting in left field.

Scratch the Yanks off the list of teams for Dunn . Not that it was likely anyway. But f*** the Cubs for beating us to the punch 2 times now.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 07:30 PM)
Scratch the Yanks off the list of teams for Dunn . Not that it was likely anyway. But f*** the Cubs for beating us to the punch 2 times now.

Olney says they will receive a "lower-tier pitching prospect" and "pay nearly $25 million" which is almost his entire deal

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 25, 2013 -> 07:30 PM)

Rangers could be a fit for Dunn since Berkman might not come back.