White Sox 2x Comeback Winner !

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 08:24 AM)
Every win is bad.

Tied with the Marlins for the 2nd/3rd pick, they're 5 games "up" on Milwaukee for the 4th pick, and 6.5 games "up" on the Cubs and Twins for the 5th/6th pick. They can win a couple here and there, especially when it's a sweep of the f***ing Yankees

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 08:28 AM)
Tied with the Marlins for the 2nd/3rd pick, they're 5 games "up" on Milwaukee for the 4th pick, and 6.5 games "up" on the Cubs and Twins for the 5th/6th pick. They can win a couple here and there, especially when it's a sweep of the f***ing Yankees

All ties go to the Astros, Marlins, and Brewers since they were worse in 2012, so subtract a game on those leads.

If the Sox fall to the 4th pick, I'm not going to cry. If they draft 5 or lower, they won too much.

Edited by flavum

I get that there's value in having the 2nd pick compared to the 5th pick, but there's also value in players like Quintana, Santiago, Viciedo, Beckham, Jones, Reed, etc., playing well and gaining confidence through winning games. Even though there is no short-term benefit in winning games, please don't act like there isn't still some value.

If nothing else, having the young guys play well and produce some exciting baseball helps next year's ticket sales a bit.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 08:33 AM)
I get that there's value in having the 2nd pick compared to the 5th pick, but there's also value in players like Quintana, Santiago, Viciedo, Beckham, Jones, Reed, etc., playing well and gaining confidence through winning games. Even though there is no short-term benefit in winning games, please don't act like there isn't still some value.

If nothing else, having the young guys play well and produce some exciting baseball helps next year's ticket sales a bit.

Yeah, let's at least win for the paying fans. Show Chicago that the team is worth paying for and watching.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 8, 2013 -> 02:52 PM)
Probably like not being able to beat the Cubs in 2 series

Ha, man, I have never been so happy that that series has become meaningless. In 2001-2004 that would have been devastating.