Fantasy football advice thread

Last season was the first time I was in a league like this and I barely used anything until I blew like 2300 to get Knowshown. The rest of the team is very good, if I could get 10 points out of Bell in a ppr format that would be fine. I just dont have anyone else to use.

Edited by DrunkBomber

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 03:06 PM)
Anyone else think Julian Edelman is a great play for Thursday? Amendola is doubtful and should be out. Kenbrell Thompkins was terrible on Sunday. Sudfeld had 1 reception on Sunday. Shane Vereen is out. Edelman did have two TDs on Sunday as well. I think Edelman could have 7-12 receptions Sunday. PPR he's a must play and if he finds the end zone once he's worth it in any format. I'm awaiting waivers on him in two leagues already.

Sudfeld had 0 receptions on Sunday.

Yes, Edelman is a great choice for Sunday, and, assuming I am able to get one of him or Thomas, I am going to play either him or Thomas.

If I can get Edelman, I am also going to have Nelson, Garcon, Boldin, and Gordon

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 01:14 PM)
Sudfeld had 0 receptions on Sunday.

Yes, Edelman is a great choice for Sunday, and, assuming I am able to get one of him or Thomas, I am going to play either him or Thomas.

If I can get Edelman, I am also going to have Nelson, Garcon, Boldin, and Gordon

Where are you in the waiver order?

I was pretty surprised Edelman was not expected to be much of a contributor in NE's offense this year, considering their TE issues and the departure of just about everyone else that has been there in the last few seasons.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 03:17 PM)
Where are you in the waiver order?

I was pretty surprised Edelman was not expected to be much of a contributor in NE's offense this year, considering there TE issues and the departure of just about everyone else that has been there in the last few seasons.

I'm almost positive I'm top 2, but haven't had a chance to check, and I really should be #1 considering I had the #12 pick in the draft and didn't pick anybody up before the season, but we reset the waiver wire every week which, whatever.

Oh, and the guy ahead of me never seems to care until half way through the season, he's a huge Broncos fan, and makes moves a lot of times based on that.

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 01:21 PM)
I'm almost positive I'm top 2, but haven't had a chance to check, and I really should be #1 considering I had the #12 pick in the draft and didn't pick anybody up before the season, but we reset the waiver wire every week which, whatever.

Oh, and the guy ahead of me never seems to care until half way through the season, he's a huge Broncos fan, and makes moves a lot of times based on that.

I've got to fill 3 spots from 4 potential options:

1 RB spot, 1 WR spot, and 1 flex spot...the options are David Wilson, DeAngelo Williams, Julian Edelman and Mike Wallace.

I am thinking I will give Wilson another chance here, and so then the options become Williams, Wallace and Edelman for the remaining 2 spots. With Amendola potentially out, I am guessing I will play Edelman for sure, so then that leaves me with Williams or Wallace in the flex spot?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 03:40 PM)

1 RB spot, 1 WR spot, and 1 flex spot...the options are David Wilson, DeAngelo Williams, Julian Edelman and Mike Wallace.

I am thinking I will give Wilson another chance here, and so then the options become Williams, Wallace and Edelman for the remaining 2 spots. With Amendola potentially out, I am guessing I will play Edelman for sure, so then that leaves me with Williams or Wallace in the flex spot?

I think Williams is going to be the safer play there (playing the Bills who, while improved on D, are still the Bills on D). Wallace is going up against a tough Indy D, but he may be motivated to play.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 01:50 PM)
I think Williams is going to be the safer play there (playing the Bills who, while improved on D, are still the Bills on D). Wallace is going up against a tough Indy D, but he may be motivated to play.

Yeah, I know Wallace came out and made a stink about only making one catch last week, so I wouldn't be shocked if Tannehill targets him a bit more next week.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 03:40 PM)

You say this as if you're Coughlin, LOL. If you could hand him the ball and give him another chance, yeah, I'd play him. As of now, we have no idea if he'll play at all or how much. I'd hope for some clarity before Sunday, and wouldn't be making this decision until Sunday morning (obviously Edelman plays regardless). At the moment, I couldn't imagine starting him on any team.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 02:05 PM)
You say this as if you're Coughlin, LOL. If you could hand him the ball and give him another chance, yeah, I'd play him. As of now, we have no idea if he'll play at all or how much. I'd hope for some clarity before Sunday, and wouldn't be making this decision until Sunday morning (obviously Edelman plays regardless). At the moment, I couldn't imagine starting him on any team.

Hah, I meant I will give him another chance in my lineup.

They'd be ridiculous to give up on that talent so quickly, and I have to believe they've got plenty of folks over there that realize this.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 12:12 PM)
Yes. He should probably start over those two

I'm still not so sure Cutler and/or Dalton won't be good options....In case I'm wrong though I have room to pick up Pryor. Further more Rivers is also available so now the question is who do I put at higher priority, Rivers or Pryor?

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 02:46 PM)
I'm still not so sure Cutler and/or Dalton won't be good options....In case I'm wrong though I have room to pick up Pryor. Further more Rivers is also available so now the question is who do I put at higher priority, Rivers or Pryor?

Rivers

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 10, 2013 -> 04:46 PM)

I honestly wouldn't waste a waiver priority on either. I'm sure one or both will be fa's come tomorrow.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 07:40 AM)
Damage Control: traded Mathews and Bowe (save it, Krush) and got back David (please don't fumble Sunday) Wilson and Gronkowski.

Love that trade on a few levels given I had Sudfeld.

Also dropped some scrubs and added Marlon Brown, Winslow, and Pryor.

That's an awesome trade for you, but...

Isn't Bowe supposed to be way better than Fitzgerald this year? :P

And Mathews is a monster 3rd round back too.

---

I did have the #1 priority and decided Thomas was more valuable to me than a potential PPR monster in Edelman given my options were Sudfeld and Olsen at TE and I have Jordy, Garcon, Boldin, and Josh Gordon coming off suspension next week as receivers, as well as Kendall Wright as my WR5.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 06:40 AM)
Damage Control: traded Mathews and Bowe (save it, Krush) and got back David (please don't fumble Sunday) Wilson and Gronkowski.

Love that trade on a few levels given I had Sudfeld.

Also dropped some scrubs and added Marlon Brown, Winslow, and Pryor.

:lol:

I'm good with that trade from your end.

PPR league where I have Graham and Witten (Flex), picked up Julius Thomas off waivers hoping to flip him.

Didn't take long, traded Thomas and Garcon for Roddy White. Have Fitzgerald and Bowe at WR, so figure I essentially upgraded Garcon for White with a TE I'd likely never use. Wait a few weeks for his ankle to recover, and I'll have Fitzgerald and a seemingly healthy White instead of Fitzgerald and Bowe/Garcon.

Though, I still like Bowe as possible WR2/Flex option and glad I moved Garcon instead of Bowe.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 11, 2013 -> 08:44 AM)
PPR league where I have Graham and Witten (Flex), picked up Julius Thomas off waivers hoping to flip him.

Didn't take long, traded Thomas and Garcon for Roddy White. Have Fitzgerald and Bowe at WR, so figure I essentially upgraded Garcon for White with a TE I'd likely never use. Wait a few weeks for his ankle to recover, and I'll have Fitzgerald and a seemingly healthy White instead of Fitzgerald and Bowe/Garcon.

Though, I still like Bowe as possible WR2/Flex option and glad I moved Garcon instead of Bowe.

I have grown to like Garcon over Bowe, but who the hell knows. After week 1 I'm re-calibrating.