8/29 Games

flavum

Anderson 1-1 with a 2B and a run

Barnum drove him in with a Sac Fly

DeMichele 2-2 with a 2B and an RBI off of Sammy Solis who is a high rated prospect.

Hawkins not playing tonight.

Ortiz with 2 scoreless and 4 K's so far.

Erik Johnson with 2 innings but has given up 2 hits and 2 walks but has not allowed a run.

Semien 0-1

QUOTE (bbilek1 @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 06:47 PM)
For those of you who don't use twitter...

The Future Sox twitter tweeted that Nick Parent has failed a drug test for PED. I know everyone loves to talk to about him here so I thought I'd post. Imagine how he would have fared without PEDs. LOL

My first guess is that he took jack3d - this seems to be the thing all the recent college guys pop for. It'll be off shelves somewhat soon

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 08:26 PM)
My first guess is that he took jack3d - this seems to be the thing all the recent college guys pop for. It'll be off shelves somewhat soon

Any athlete taking jack3d at this point in time is simply not doing their homework. They have since changed formulas for it not to contain 1,3 dime....

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 04:18 AM)
Some people here were venturing to guess about 60-75, with some random list having him in the 40's, and some random lists not having him in top 100.

I guess he's going to be #51, just so the experts can say the Sox don't have a top 50 prospect :)

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 08:26 PM)

Metabolite of Stanolozol is what the MiLB press release said. That's a true steroid, I find it hard to believe it can from anything on a shelf.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 09:54 PM)
Where does EJ end up at on top 100 lists to start next yr? What a great season.

One prospect guy (can't remember who right now but its a name you might recognize) had him in the 30's just recently. I want to say maybe it was Kiley McDaniel.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 08:11 AM)
Metabolite of Stanolozol is what the MiLB press release said. That's a true steroid, I find it hard to believe it can from anything on a shelf.

If he popped for Winstrol, he's either an idiot, was tricked by somebody, or both. Winstrol cannot be covered up effectively and remains detectable for months at times.

The only dumber thing to take would be nandrolone, which can be detectable for years (see Michael Morse, who kept popping for the same ingestion of nandrolone multiple times)

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 08:11 AM)
One prospect guy (can't remember who right now but its a name you might recognize) had him in the 30's just recently. I want to say maybe it was Kiley McDaniel.

Honestly, I think he should be anywhere in the 30 to 60 range. The only thing that really hurts his prospect value is that he doesn't have ace potential, but I seriously doubt you could find more than a handfull of SP prospects with higher floors than him. Short of injury, he will be a solid starting pitcher at the major league level and I think the odds are very good he's at least a #3 starter long-term. IMO, he should be closer to 30 than 60, but most of these sites value ceiling much higher than they do floor. Either way, Johnson proved this year he's a legit prospect and hopefully is a key part of our rotation for years to come.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 08:47 AM)
Honestly, I think he should be anywhere in the 30 to 60 range. The only thing that really hurts his prospect value is that he doesn't have ace potential, but I seriously doubt you could find more than a handfull of SP prospects with higher floors than him. Short of injury, he will be a solid starting pitcher at the major league level and I think the odds are very good he's at least a #3 starter long-term. IMO, he should be closer to 30 than 60, but most of these sites value ceiling much higher than they do floor. Either way, Johnson proved this year he's a legit prospect and hopefully is a key part of our rotation for years to come.

Agreed, I think his upside as an extremely good #3 and a solid #2 should put him in the 30-40 range. I can definitely see him ranked near 60 though, and I will be fine with that as I am confident he will be a key contributor on this staff for years to come.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 29, 2013 -> 09:54 PM)
Where does EJ end up at on top 100 lists to start next yr? What a great season.

My guess is around the 50-60 range. Many people will try to poke holes at his age and the fact that he isn't exactly a strikeout pitcher.

I think Micah Johnson and Semien are on the bubble right now, but will crack the list depending on how they fare in AFL. Anderson will be in the 80+ range based on based, position, and his plus speed.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 08:47 AM)

I dunno, with the way he is pitching at every level, i feel he can be a number 2.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 10:36 AM)
My guess is around the 50-60 range. Many people will try to poke holes at his age and the fact that he isn't exactly a strikeout pitcher.

I think Micah Johnson and Semien are on the bubble right now, but will crack the list depending on how they fare in AFL. Anderson will be in the 80+ range based on based, position, and his plus speed.

I don't think Micah Johnson gets anywhere near a top 100 list. Semien definitely will. Anderson could, but I am not going to count on that one.

The only one I feel safely guaranteeing ending up in a lot of top 100 lists is Erik Johnson

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 10:36 AM)

He's averaging a strikeout and inning in AAA

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 10:42 AM)
I don't think Micah Johnson gets anywhere near a top 100 list. Semien definitely will. Anderson could, but I am not going to count on that one.

The only one I feel safely guaranteeing ending up in a lot of top 100 lists is Erik Johnson

With his recent promotion to Double A, I think a strong showing in AFL will land him on some lists. In most people's eyes he's a good enough contact hitter, fairly good plate discipline, and has plus speed, which could lead to a pretty high floor. I think some analyst will be willing to overlook his defense at second base to put him on their list.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 10:43 AM)
He's averaging a strikeout and inning in AAA

You can't just look at raw numbers and call someone a strikeout pitcher. He's getting guys out now based on control and command, but he doesn't have a big fastball or a wipeout slider that these prospect evaluators are looking for. He can get away with striking out almost a batter a inning now, but in the majors, I think he's more close to a 7K/9 inning guy.

Personally I think he should be in the 40 range, but he will wind up ranking in the 50 range.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Aug 30, 2013 -> 11:27 AM)
With his recent promotion to Double A, I think a strong showing in AFL will land him on some lists. In most people's eyes he's a good enough contact hitter, fairly good plate discipline, and has plus speed, which could lead to a pretty high floor. I think some analyst will be willing to overlook his defense at second base to put him on their list.

AA will (or should) have no bearing on his rankings considering he struggled overall at A+ in what will end up being probably 3 times as many games.

The AFL could be a factor, but I really think that if people are ranking him in the top 100, they're jumping the gun just a bit.