Official 2013-2014 College Hoops Thread

Brian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 08:14 PM)
You big 10 fans missed an incredible Pitt-'Cuse ending.

I don't get why the team defending calls a timeout when other team down with ball has none. Cuse was out of sorts after the FTs.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 08:15 PM)
I don't get why the team defending calls a timeout when other team down with ball has none. Cuse was out of sorts after the FTs.

I disagree with you here, I feel the scramble is beneficial to the offense in those situations. Either way it was just an incredible shot by Ennis. That kid is special, he's just cool down the stretch, doesn't let big moments get to him.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 08:26 PM)
I disagree with you here, I feel the scramble is beneficial to the offense in those situations. Either way it was just an incredible shot by Ennis. That kid is special, he's just cool down the stretch, doesn't let big moments get to him.

image.png

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 08:26 PM)

Disagree with you. I think if you were to ask the offensive coaches in that situation, they'd much rather have a timeout to try to run something. Scrambles with college kids usually don't end up going too well. The offense is the one who has to make a play, giving them more time to create said play usually isn't a good idea.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Feb 12, 2014 -> 08:51 PM)
Disagree with you. I think if you were to ask the offensive coaches in that situation, they'd much rather have a timeout to try to run something. Scrambles with college kids usually don't end up going too well. The offense is the one who has to make a play, giving them more time to create said play usually isn't a good idea.

I agree. If you watch an NBA game, the players have no problem with the shot clock running down towards zero. In college, the clock hits 5 and panic sets in. Not setting up a play more often than not will lead to a wild shot especially with the clock winding down.

Julius Randle records his twelfth double-double of the season (12 points-12 rebounds) as Kentucky defeats Auburn. I've not been impressed with Kentucky's freshmen. James Young is inconsistent, and the Harrison twins are extraordinarily stupid. But Julius Randle looks like he's going to be a good NBA player. He has weaknesses he must address, but his rebounding, toughness and leadership will make him a valuable asset to any NBA team.

--Captain Decker