2014 Cubs Catch-All Thread

cabiness42

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 04:51 PM)
Bryants numbers are hilarious. 4 hits, 4 homers, 8 Ks, 2 walks, 18 AB

Homered in his first AB today. I sincerely hope he ends up making previous flops like Gary Scott and Kevin Orie look small in comparison to how much he flops. He has to be one of the better power hitting prospects in a while though.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 12:54 PM)
Homered in his first AB today. I sincerely hope he ends up making previous flops like Gary Scott and Kevin Orie look small in comparison to how much he flops. He has to be one of the better power hitting prospects in a while though.

overall 85Ks and 26 homeruns in 266 ABs. The guy is truly all or nothing right now

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 02:01 PM)
overall 85Ks and 26 homeruns in 266 ABs. The guy is truly all or nothing right now

He's the kind of guy that, in my ideal world, I'd take it really slow with. The talent is there and exceptional, but the more he faces minor league pitching the better his approach will get.

That, of course, isn't going to happen.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 07:19 PM)
He's the kind of guy that, in my ideal world, I'd take it really slow with. The talent is there and exceptional, but the more he faces minor league pitching the better his approach will get.

That, of course, isn't going to happen.

Sounds like they plan on starting him in the majors at 3rd next season.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 02:24 PM)
Really? I thought they'd wait until June or so because of his arbitration clock.

IIRC a few pages ago in this thread one of the big whigs is quoted saying they expect him up by the end of the year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 01:26 PM)
IIRC a few pages ago in this thread one of the big whigs is quoted saying they expect him up by the end of the year.

The DO NOT expect him here this year.

I think this time, next year, is the perfect projection.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2014 -> 09:07 PM)
Arrieta perfect after 5. Hopefully this jinxes it.

He really has seemed to finally figure it out. Although surprisingly he is already 28, he will be an old man by the time the Cubs contend again.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 25, 2014 -> 03:19 AM)
He really has seemed to finally figure it out. Although surprisingly he is already 28, he will be an old man by the time the Cubs contend again.

His stuff has been filthy tonight. Just struck out the side in 6th.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 07:28 PM)
Arrieta at it again...12 up, 12 down. He looks like Loaiza did that one season with a nasty cutter.

Ugh, I knew that deal was going to strike gold for them. Damn it

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 08:31 PM)
speaking of the cubs, how many times do i have to hear about abreu vs rizzo on the score lol once again earlier when they were interviewing levine.

Bruce loves the Scrubs always has, when he was on ESPN 1000 it was unbearable.

NO NO is ova.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 30, 2014 -> 08:43 PM)
Bruce loves the Scrubs always has, when he was on ESPN 1000 it was unbearable.

NO NO is ova.

yup, maybe im just biased but i think abreu is a lot better. he is older by two years but hes seeing these pitchers for the first time. i think his ceiling is a elite hitter and rizzo of a perenial all star. for example, abreu/miggy , rizzo/PK. and abreu missed 15 games.