2014 Cubs Catch-All Thread

cabiness42

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 08:35 AM)
Theo truly has everyone brainwashed. A 20 at-bat sample size in short season class A and suddenly the guy is Babe Ruth? :lolhitting

Who is brainwashed and who called him Babe Ruth? It was fairly evident that he wasn't getting anything out of short season ball in Boise. He now goes to Low A Kane County. He is a college guy. We shall see what happens.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 10:00 AM)
Who is brainwashed and who called him Babe Ruth? It was fairly evident that he wasn't getting anything out of short season ball in Boise. He now goes to Low A Kane County. He is a college guy. We shall see what happens.

I've seen plenty of over the top comparisons all over the inter webs. He may be the next Buster Posey, he may be the next Jeff Clement, who knows. Just the gushing over 20 at-bats is amusing to me, I'm sure plenty of players in all leagues have had similar stretches, it happens in baseball.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 10:34 AM)
I've seen plenty of over the top comparisons all over the inter webs. He may be the next Buster Posey, he may be the next Jeff Clement, who knows. Just the gushing over 20 at-bats is amusing to me, I'm sure plenty of players in all leagues have had similar stretches, it happens in baseball.

Such as Courtney Hawkins first year in the playoffs in High A ball, for example.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 11:08 AM)
Kris Bryant ‏@KrisBryant_23 11m

Can't wait to join the @IowaCubs tomorrow! Thank you to @smokiesbaseball and all my teammates for so many great memories!

It was expected they would promote him right after the AA All-Star Game. I still wonder if they will appease the fans in September with a call-up or keep him down to prevent his service time from starting.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 11:34 AM)
It was expected they would promote him right after the AA All-Star Game. I still wonder if they will appease the fans in September with a call-up or keep him down to prevent his service time from starting.

I do not expect the Cubs to promote him this year.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 11:34 AM)

They would be stupid to promote Bryant before the middle of next year at the earliest.

IN this day and age, that is an insult.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 28m

ICYMI samardzija didn't counter cubs 5-yr offer http://cbsprt.co/1qtejf9 update: @jonmorosi pegs at $85M-plus (my est 75-80)

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 42m

Per @jonmorosi report on Samardzija. Said yesterday he wanted more than Bailey's $105M. #Cubs knew $85M-plus would be short.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 10:34 AM)

I always pull for Hoosiers. It was so much fun watching that lineup.

Schwarber is tied to his bat. Doesn't really have a position, my guess is he sticks in LF.