Sox acquire Adam Eaton from ARZ, deal Santiago, Jacobs

Baron

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 03:54 PM)
Maybe Hahn knows something we don't about Eaton, because we sure paid a hell of a price for him IMO.

Cash considerations tell me that because we are trading two entry level salaries, it is either a nominal amount, or a player that might get picked in the Rule 5 draft. Anything over a million dollars has to be approved by MLB, and that has never been indicated to be happening.

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale now

The original trade talks involved when the #Dbacks tried to get Chris Sale from #Whitesox

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin now

Eaton was near the top of White Sox off season target list

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 13s

Hahn: Eaton our CF for next several years. De Aza now a corner OF but he and Viciedo potential trade bait.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 04:05 PM)
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale now

The original trade talks involved when the #Dbacks tried to get Chris Sale from #Whitesox

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin now

Eaton was near the top of White Sox off season target list

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 13s

Hahn: Eaton our CF for next several years. De Aza now a corner OF but he and Viciedo potential trade bait.

1) :lol:

2) Good, had a plan and executed.

3) One of them has gotta go.

Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst 30s

Kevin Towers said 3-way deal started w Dbacks & White Sox talking about Eaton. If Sox had been dealing Sale wouldn't have needed 3rd team

Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 35s

Kevin Towers said he hoped to get Hahn to discuss "Mr. Sale" but couldn't get #WhiteSox GM to budge.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 03:54 PM)
Maybe Hahn knows something we don't about Eaton, because we sure paid a hell of a price for him IMO.

I dont understand where this thing comes from (yet we hear it in this thread nonstop)

Eaton thrashing the minors and not having many opportunities yet in the majors-- it's all clearly stuff that is public knowledge, available to you.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 04:07 PM)
Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst 30s

Kevin Towers said 3-way deal started w Dbacks & White Sox talking about Eaton. If Sox had been dealing Sale wouldn't have needed 3rd team

Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 35s

Kevin Towers said he hoped to get Hahn to discuss "Mr. Sale" but couldn't get #WhiteSox GM to budge.

If the Sox had been dealing Sale, the Dbacks wouldn't have been able to afford a 3rd team.

QUOTE (bulokis @ Dec 10, 2013 -> 04:22 PM)
A Sale to Eaton swap will drive this board nuts.

My point was that if it had been Sale, it would have been a whole lot more than Eaton. So much that the Dbacks wouldn't be able to pay for anything else like Trumbo.

hector santiago ‏@HecSantiago53 2m

White sox fans are great fans and friends !! I going to SOCAL NOW BUT. I will remember what sox and sox fans were to my career

I just wanna thank @whitesox for my big break to start my baseball and big league career! The city of Chicago and it's fans were amazing !!