2014 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MEANS @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 01:31 PM)
funny you mention that movie, the wife and I tried to watch it yesterday on Netflix.....wow that was HORRIBLE! Turned it off after 25 minutes......so so so bad.

Hahah, have you seen Kentucky Friend Movie? Or The Onion movie? All fit the same type of ridiculous satire. The homeschooling sketch had me rolling when they wrote "KEVIN IS A f**" on the fridge. :lol: :lol:

Loved this scene too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNiPSY5nT2Y

"I feel like at any moment Shoeless Joe Jackson will come out of there and I can play catch with him."

:lol: :lol:

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 12:39 PM)
LOL. And Joe found it hilarious. I won't say anything more.

Strangely enough, the movie he likens it to (Kentucky Fried Movie) has a 80% RT rating

:huh

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 01:37 PM)
4% on Rotten Tomatoes. Ouch

Yeah, and Billy Madison got a 46%, and Big Daddy a 40%, Mr. Deeds a 22%, and Grandma's Boy a 18%. And that's just from one actor who has put out these cult classic comedies. Excuse me while I continue to not give a f*** what Rotten Tomatoes thinks of comedies.

I understand a lot of people didn't like it, and that's fine, but telling me critics hate a raunchy comedy means nothing to me. Couldn't mean any less, actually.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 12:57 PM)
Yeah, and Billy Madison got a 46%, and Big Daddy a 40%, Mr. Deeds a 22%, and Grandma's Boy a 18%. And that's just from one actor who has put out these cult classic comedies. Excuse me while I continue to not give a f*** what Rotten Tomatoes thinks of comedies.

I understand a lot of people didn't like it, and that's fine, but telling me critics hate a raunchy comedy means nothing to me. Couldn't mean any less, actually.

That Billy Madison rating is a crime!

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 09:46 AM)
um, OK.

First, Jason already did chime in on this. In fact it was discussed with Jason and other Mods/Admins, and we agreed that as long as there are no direct links or files involved, it is fine. Which it is.

Second, what makes you think my post was in any way, shape or form, me saying someone would be penalized? Did I say anything like that at all? You seem to have made an interperetation here not founded in fact.

Third, what the hell does the Buster have to do with this? I rarely post in there myself anymore anyway, let alone moderate it.

Fourth and finally, your hyperbole is pretty hilarious. Cease all discussion? WTF are you talking about?

1. So you have discussed the discussion at hand, came to a conclusion that what he has been doing is alright in the court of Soxtalk law, and yourself and others have continued on with making a comment every few posts when he makes an "update''? What is the sense in that. If you guys deemed it ok, leave it at that, and let him educate the few people that may have not known such without reading his posts here. You and whoever else is bothered by his updates are just fueling an unnecessary fire. Either tell the man he can do such, or cannot do such, and according to what you have said, he is in the clear.

2-3 rolled into one...VVV

About being penalized. I said it because it seems as I could, or should have been suspended for not following those asinine rules (signing an agreement) to post in the filibuster. I have posted in it without being reprimanded in any fashion, whether it is a suspension, or limiting my ability to post in that albatross. Just find that funny.

You said this.

''YOU MUST READ AND ACKNOWLEDGE THIS THREAD, If you want to continue posting in The Buster''

How I read that is the privilege to post in that forum would be taken away at the very least, even if a suspension would not be in order.

But then...

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 9, 2010 -> 11:39 AM)
Unacknowledged as of 07/09/2010.

Then this...

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 10, 2010 -> 08:53 AM)
Since it's "unacknowledged", any slip up is an automatic suspension.

So what does a slip up mean? Making a post in the filibuster since he no longer acknowledged it? Or not following one of these six golden rules?

1. I will not insult other posters, directly or indirectly

2. I will not threaten anyone, even in jest

3. I will not bait people or push them over the line (a.k.a. pushing their buttons)

4. I will not post statements for the purpose of angering others

5. I will not prod posters repeatedly on a subject or chase them across topics to make a point

6. I will try to make posts that actually add to the discussion at hand

You can honestly tell me Y2HH has kept in line with those six rules over almost three years and five months? I have nothing against him, I am just trying to get an understanding of these flimsy rules. Just about anyone who has posted in that forum has broken at least one of those rules, especially when it comes to baiting. Once more, just trying to get an understanding.

4. My statement was clear as day. No need to reiterate it.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 09:48 AM)
ALso for the record, I was posting at Joe because I found his posts irritating, which of course is why he is doing it. I just think he is derailing a good thread by making posts solely for the purpose of irritating other posters who brought it up (long before I ever said anything, so no, not talking about myself here). That, my friend, is what is "cutesy".

Why does this irritate you so bad when the boss man himself said it's ok to post? Keep your irritation to yourself, that is why this thread has gotten even further derailed. It's not a problem of Chili, it's just a problem to those that it disgruntles.

Btw, you have always been my favorite admin here, so it is not my intention to piss you off. If anything you are one of the only ones who has remotely had my back all of these years. Though I do have to get this off my chest, and it will undoubtedly get denied, but I have always found it ridiculous that knightni got an admin position simply by asking for it, and hardly being the most suited. Would have be nice to see someone have a better understanding of the game of baseball get that sort of power.

The fact that wite of all people has never become an admin is a sham, plain and simple. Kalapse... well his name says it all, he would have folded under the pressure, he has too much power as is...

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 04:21 PM)
What's with the DVD quality qualifier to these posts? It's either full HD or it's not worth it IMO.

Differentiates from the Cam torrents. VidSync/Cam whatever is a guy with a camcorder in a theater. DVDRip is usually from a screener which is at least 720p

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 05:38 PM)
Differentiates from the Cam torrents. VidSync/Cam whatever is a guy with a camcorder in a theater. DVDRip is usually from a screener which is at least 720p

Yeah, nearly every movie gets put up online within a couple weeks of theater release, but they are s***ty cam videos with bad sound and dark video. The DVDrips are the only ones worth watching. Thankfully, it being award season, almost every new movie is coming out on DVD much sooner than normal. Usually it takes 2-4 months after theater release to get a DVD rip. Now, they are around a week. Great time of year to watch movies.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 09:48 AM)
I may have b****ed about it, but now I've been waiting for Joe to post that the DVD screener of Wolf of Wall Street is available, because I want to see it again (already paid my $$ to see it in the theater, though). It'd make for fun treadmill watching.

The little bastard hooked me with his posts and now I crave the updates. :lol: Guess I'll call that an apology.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 02:23 PM)
Wolf of Wall Street is now DVD quality!! Yeeeeeees!

You have served your purpose quite well.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 04:38 PM)

No. DVD is 480 at best. The Academy does not release HD versions bc they know leaks will happen. It's still best to watch these first in the theater unless you're a degenerate with no life or stuck in China for seemingly 10 years.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 04:36 PM)
1. So you have discussed the discussion at hand, came to a conclusion that what he has been doing is alright in the court of Soxtalk law, and yourself and others have continued on with making a comment every few posts when he makes an "update''? What is the sense in that. If you guys deemed it ok, leave it at that, and let him educate the few people that may have not known such without reading his posts here. You and whoever else is bothered by his updates are just fueling an unnecessary fire. Either tell the man he can do such, or cannot do such, and according to what you have said, he is in the clear.

2-3 rolled into one...VVV

About being penalized. I said it because it seems as I could, or should have been suspended for not following those asinine rules (signing an agreement) to post in the filibuster. I have posted in it without being reprimanded in any fashion, whether it is a suspension, or limiting my ability to post in that albatross. Just find that funny.

You said this.

How I read that is the privilege to post in that forum would be taken away at the very least, even if a suspension would not be in order.

But then...

Then this...

So what does a slip up mean? Making a post in the filibuster since he no longer acknowledged it? Or not following one of these six golden rules?

You can honestly tell me Y2HH has kept in line with those six rules over almost three years and five months? I have nothing against him, I am just trying to get an understanding of these flimsy rules. Just about anyone who has posted in that forum has broken at least one of those rules, especially when it comes to baiting. Once more, just trying to get an understanding.

4. My statement was clear as day. No need to reiterate it.

Why does this irritate you so bad when the boss man himself said it's ok to post? Keep your irritation to yourself, that is why this thread has gotten even further derailed. It's not a problem of Chili, it's just a problem to those that it disgruntles.

Btw, you have always been my favorite admin here, so it is not my intention to piss you off. If anything you are one of the only ones who has remotely had my back all of these years. Though I do have to get this off my chest, and it will undoubtedly get denied, but I have always found it ridiculous that knightni got an admin position simply by asking for it, and hardly being the most suited. Would have be nice to see someone have a better understanding of the game of baseball get that sort of power.

The fact that wite of all people has never become an admin is a sham, plain and simple. Kalapse... well his name says it all, he would have folded under the pressure, he has too much power as is...

Again, the Buster stuff is... not something I'm really paying much attention to anymore. I post in there on occasion, and if something is waaaaay out of line, I or someone else will respond in some fashion. But, believe it or not, I just got tired of it. So I only dive in once in a while now. So, as for the rules and what not, that was my years-ago attempt at keeping things civil. It helped for a little while, to an extent, but it was very difficult to manage, as you point out. I'm well aware the rules are flouted daily.

As for this topic, all I am trying to say is... I was posting as me, not as Admin me. I threatened no penalties, nor would I. Just as Joe has the right to post things like that, I have the right to respond when I think it is silly. It is a friggin message board, this is what we do. I could ignore his posts, he could ignore mine, blah blah blah... this got blown up into something it didn't need to be.

So, let's agree to return this thread to it's regularly scheduled programming? I feel I've made my points, I hope you have as well.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 09:59 PM)
Again, the Buster stuff is... not something I'm really paying much attention to anymore. I post in there on occasion, and if something is waaaaay out of line, I or someone else will respond in some fashion. But, believe it or not, I just got tired of it. So I only dive in once in a while now. So, as for the rules and what not, that was my years-ago attempt at keeping things civil. It helped for a little while, to an extent, but it was very difficult to manage, as you point out. I'm well aware the rules are flouted daily.

As for this topic, all I am trying to say is... I was posting as me, not as Admin me. I threatened no penalties, nor would I. Just as Joe has the right to post things like that, I have the right to respond when I think it is silly. It is a friggin message board, this is what we do. I could ignore his posts, he could ignore mine, blah blah blah... this got blown up into something it didn't need to be.

So, let's agree to return this thread to it's regularly scheduled programming? I feel I've made my points, I hope you have as well.

Anytime I can take a dig at Kalapse it was a conversation worth having.

Anyone play that Movie Pop app?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 08:29 PM)
No. DVD is 480 at best. The Academy does not release HD versions bc they know leaks will happen. It's still best to watch these first in the theater unless you're a degenerate with no life or stuck in China for seemingly 10 years.

Now, now, now, I've also lived/worked in South Korea, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines and Colombia during that time period...