2014 Films Thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 19, 2014 -> 03:01 PM)
Batman vs superman delayed to 2016

Which really annoys me because I think Marvel has an "Unnamed Phase 3" movie coming out the same date on May 6, 2016. Plus X-Men: Apocalypse comes out May 27, 2016. Wow superhero movies....... Having a Marvel vs. DC showdown is going to only lose money for both movies in my opinion. We'll see.........I'm guessing/hoping one of them moves to another date.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 09:11 PM)
Which really annoys me because I think Marvel has an "Unnamed Phase 3" movie coming out the same date on May 6, 2016. Plus X-Men: Apocalypse comes out May 27, 2016. Wow superhero movies....... Having a Marvel vs. DC showdown is going to only lose money for both movies in my opinion. We'll see.........I'm guessing/hoping one of them move to another date.

Their plan is to have it go up against that film, which could totally backfire if BvS is not a good movie and bury 2 big franchises

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 09:13 PM)
Their plan is to have it go up against that film, which could totally backfire if BvS is not a good movie and bury 2 big franchises

DC just doesn't seem like they have a clue as to what's going on. I'm speculating the Marvel movie would possibly be Dr. Strange but I have no idea. What I'd love to see and probably won't happen is to have Ironman 4 in that slot. I know I've heard that they might be done with Ironman, at least for now, but if Marvel wants to stay in that spot, it'd be nice to see them bring a big gun to the cinema as well. Heck even an Ironman/Hulk movie would work. I know Mark Ruffalo wants to have his own Hulk movie but it seems like Hulk can't hold a movie on its own, so adding Ironman would be great, but who knows. I'm probably more of a casual viewer with bad ideas, haha.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 11:18 PM)
DC just doesn't seem like they have a clue as to what's going on. I'm speculating the Marvel movie would possibly be Dr. Strange but I have no idea. What I'd love to see and probably won't happen is to have Ironman 4 in that slot. I know I've heard that they might be done with Ironman, at least for now, but if Marvel wants to stay in that spot, it'd be nice to see them bring a big gun to the cinema as well. Heck even an Ironman/Hulk movie would work. I know Mark Ruffalo wants to have his own Hulk movie but it seems like Hulk can't hold a movie on its own, so adding Ironman would be great, but who knows. I'm probably more of a casual viewer with bad ideas, haha.

Before IM3 came out, RDJ inked a deal worth a ton of money to appear in 2 more Avengers movies but he is not under contract to do any more iron man standalone films (and we also got a lot of talk about how the physical toll of the full movie was somehting he wasn't sure he wanted to do any more).

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jan 20, 2014 -> 11:18 PM)

IM4 won't be until they wrap up Phase 3. They still have potential for CA3, Thor3, GOTG2, Inhumans, Dr Strange and Black Panther before it culminates with Avengers 3 in 2017.

DC's biggest problem was their biggest success, Nolan's batman films. The problem was he created them in a vacuum with no room for outside intervention. They had to start over, but everyone wanted Bale.

Now DC is pinning everything on BvS, with Snyder directing. I liked MoS, but I'm not stupid I saw the problems with the film. DC needs to find their Joss Whedon

Outside of Green Lantern and a couple smaller movies, DC film franchises have been doing great. The biggest problem for DC is they aren't making enough movies. Although I think that changes in the next few years.

Outside of the Avengers I don't see anything competing with Batman/Superman. It will clean house.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:23 AM)
Outside of Green Lantern and a couple smaller movies, DC film franchises have been doing great. The biggest problem for DC is they aren't making enough movies. Although I think that changes in the next few years.

Outside of the Avengers I don't see anything competing with Batman/Superman. It will clean house.

"Other" DC franchises are Batman and Superman, that's it. They haven't been able to get any of the other franchises off the ground. Marvel is absolutely destroying them when you factor in Spider-Man and X-Men, plus Fantastic Four on the way.

I'm willing to get Spider-Man will be just as profitable as BvS

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 11:27 AM)
"Other" DC franchises are Batman and Superman, that's it. They haven't been able to get any of the other franchises off the ground. Marvel is absolutely destroying them when you factor in Spider-Man and X-Men, plus Fantastic Four on the way.

I'm willing to get Spider-Man will be just as profitable as BvS

Yeah, DC just isn't putting out enough movies. Maybe they don't care.

There will be no DC movie released until 2016.

Marvel will have done 6-8 movies by then.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 12:41 PM)
I think Green Lantern scared them. And it should have

I could see that setting them back.

Green Lantern is actually an easy fix. Remake it with Nathan Fillion as Green Lantern. Done. Fixed.

I caught Oblivion over the weekend. I thought it was pretty solid actually. A little surprised I liked it as much as I did. The story is a little empty, and the Morgan Freeman/Jamie Lannister side-plot didn't get enough screen time to handle the emotion it was supposed to carry, but wow was it cool to watch. Visuals were great. And Cruise wasn't all that annoying.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 03:08 PM)
I've been re-watching The Wolf of Wall Street at the gym the past few days. I love this f***ing movie even more the second time through.

You catch more s*** every time you watch it.

Jonah Hill is awesome IMO.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 21, 2014 -> 09:01 PM)
I caught Oblivion over the weekend. I thought it was pretty solid actually. A little surprised I liked it as much as I did. The story is a little empty, and the Morgan Freeman/Jamie Lannister side-plot didn't get enough screen time to handle the emotion it was supposed to carry, but wow was it cool to watch. Visuals were great. And Cruise wasn't all that annoying.

The movie is pretty terrible but the visuals and sound effects are incredible. Actually probably the only movie I've ever watched and noticed just how good the sound was.

Wolf of Wall Street is definitely a top ten movie ever for me.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 03:08 PM)
I've been re-watching The Wolf of Wall Street at the gym the past few days. I love this f***ing movie even more the second time through.

When I get the blu ray, it'll probably stay in my player for awhile.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 04:40 PM)
You catch more s*** every time you watch it.

Jonah Hill is awesome IMO.

Speaking of Jonah Hill and the Wolf of Wall Street, not only did Jonah demand that he have to audition for a part in the movie, but he accepted "the lowest possible pay" he could for the movie. He made something like $60K for this movie!

http://www.avclub.com/article/jonah-hill-w...oney-pos-107191

Hill said if he is making great movies, he is fine just being able to pay rent and have a family.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 22, 2014 -> 05:16 PM)
Speaking of Jonah Hill and the Wolf of Wall Street, not only did Jonah demand that he have to audition for a part in the movie, but he accepted "the lowest possible pay" he could for the movie. He made something like $60K for this movie!

http://www.avclub.com/article/jonah-hill-w...oney-pos-107191

Hill said if he is making great movies, he is fine just being able to pay rent and have a family.

Easy to say that when you're worth tens of millions already.