2014 Video game thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropped some cash on a Wii U system on Ebay. Deluxe system with a pro controller, Kart, 3d world, mario/luigi u, wind waker and pikmin 3 for $483 bucks. Cheapest I could find those games anywhere was $48 or higher, so ultimately that's like $600 + tax new. Assuming it all works as described, I'm pretty happy with the price.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 02:48 PM)
Dropped some cash on a Wii U system on Ebay. Deluxe system with a pro controller, Kart, 3d world, mario/luigi u, wind waker and pikmin 3 for $483 bucks. Cheapest I could find those games anywhere was $48 or higher, so ultimately that's like $600 + tax new. Assuming it all works as described, I'm pretty happy with the price.

That's a pretty good deal. The best buy 4 game bundle is close to it but I think the pro controller and Kart/water/Mario/Pikmin is a great deal for you

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wii-u-with-mar...9237800050006.p

^for comparisons sake(the price of this bundle will be at $360 on Friday, but I still think you won)

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 10:09 AM)
Got my Wii U last night. The ability to control my TV/satellite receiver, and switch between playing a game on the TV or on the gamepad, is amazing. I was rocking the Bulls game, Illini game and Mario Kart all night.

Did you set up TVii? I havent touched it since I set it up, seems like a nice idea, but just not functional on a day to day basis. We use the youtube app all the time though, my boys love it

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 08:19 AM)
Finally got to do the Vault of Glass in Destiny. Only took a little over an hour to complete. Sure helps when two of the people on my team have done it a dozen times.

Looking forward to the Dark Below.

Think I might try it this weekend as I'll have some time. I've been putting it off trying to strengthen my character but I saw some guys doing it last night when I was patrolling Venus and got an itch to do it.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 12:01 PM)
Think I might try it this weekend as I'll have some time. I've been putting it off trying to strengthen my character but I saw some guys doing it last night when I was patrolling Venus and got an itch to do it.

It was fun. Some of the coolest parts are the non combat parts. I can see how it could take a long time if you are with people who haven't done it.

I really had no idea what I was doing. I was just shooting randomly.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 10:09 AM)
Got my Wii U last night. The ability to control my TV/satellite receiver, and switch between playing a game on the TV or on the gamepad, is amazing. I was rocking the Bulls game, Illini game and Mario Kart all night.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 11:58 AM)
Did you set up TVii? I havent touched it since I set it up, seems like a nice idea, but just not functional on a day to day basis. We use the youtube app all the time though, my boys love it

Never even touched TVii, does it work with DirecTV?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 12:30 PM)
It was fun. Some of the coolest parts are the non combat parts. I can see how it could take a long time if you are with people who haven't done it.

I really had no idea what I was doing. I was just shooting randomly.

I'm guessing you have a full group to pull it off. There's a video on YouTube (and I first saw it on Kotaku, which is blocked at work so I can't pull it up here) of 2 guys beating it. Watching them go through it, it's absolutely insane. You actually need 3 guys to get through the gate at the bottom of the pit, so they have to stop and get a 3rd guy to get them through the door, and then he leaves shortly after they get through it.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Dec 3, 2014 -> 12:36 PM)
Never even touched TVii, does it work with DirecTV?

Yea, it is supposed to work with your cable or dish carrier

I set mine up when the download came through, and just didnt play with it afterwards. I didnt feel like turning on my console everytime i watched tv, and it seems like you need to in order to make it work correctly.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 10:48 AM)
Dragon Age Inquisitions is a lot of fun, for any RPG fans out there.

with one of the more bizarre love stories i have seen in a video game

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 10:57 AM)

Haven't played Dragon Age so not sure what you're referring to, but consider Mass Effect too and I think we can safely say Bioware has a thing for bizarre love stories.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 10:57 AM)
Yea, it is supposed to work with your cable or dish carrier

I set mine up when the download came through, and just didnt play with it afterwards. I didnt feel like turning on my console everytime i watched tv, and it seems like you need to in order to make it work correctly.

I haven't gotten to that part yet. I just got to the part with the main bad dude at Haven. I spent more time than I needed to in the Hinterlands I think.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 11:02 AM)
Haven't played Dragon Age so not sure what you're referring to, but consider Mass Effect too and I think we can safely say Bioware has a thing for bizarre love stories.

Well s*** that dates back forever. You could even tell there were weird relationships forming in both KOTOR's too.

So co-op in FC4 is not what I thought it was. You can do all the side missions and liberate outposts, but you can't do any main missions. And there are no co-op specific missions. That's what I was looking forward too. Maybe they will put out a co-op DLC, but basically co-op is just for f***ing around.

However, I just discovered The Arena, and that is really cool, but also really hard. Also, Shangri-La is really hard.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 04:28 PM)
Well s*** that dates back forever. You could even tell there were weird relationships forming in both KOTOR's too.

I probably forgot about that because all that mattered in either of those games was HK-47.

(Exaggerating. Those games were great.)

Unrelated - as one of the 12 people still playing Titanfall (seriously, many playlists have fewer than 100 people playing worldwide during peak hours), I can tell you that if you ever enjoyed that game, get back in. It went on sale for 12 bucks recently and is crawling with bad kids, so now's the time to hop on and feel good about yourself.