2014 Video game thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Dec 6, 2014 -> 01:41 PM)
So being the n00b I am, I started the Vault of Glass strike and figured it would go through the typical strike protocol where it finds guardians and yada yada and it did not.

So, anyone interested in organizing a Soxtalk Vault of Glass strike?

I'd be in. Psn: rowdyruss22

So being the n00b I am, I started the Vault of Glass strike and figured it would go through the typical strike protocol where it finds guardians and yada yada and it did not.

I'm up for it, though i'm not on as much as I used to be.

Some advice...

Don't try it with less than 6 people, especially since it's your first attempt. I did that my first few tries and it didn't go well. Because of that, try to schedule it when every has like 3 hours just to be safe.

Mics help a lot. Most sections require coordination, so you're going to have a bad time without them.

It'd be really helpful to have an experienced raider to run things. Unfortunately that's not me, I think i've only done the whole thing twice (I have nofFriends :ph34r: ) and I have little experience using the relic.

Most of my friends haven't been on in a while, so I'm not going to be much help getting more people.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 7, 2014 -> 10:22 AM)
I've had to avenge Zoom in Shadow of Mordor five times in the past 24 hours.

Ha, I didn't even know you could do such a thing. I only played for like 2 hours. I keep running into large mobs on the way to missions and dying. Those two captains keep chasing me down and get the kill, think they went from like level 5 to 17.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 7, 2014 -> 11:38 AM)
Ha, I didn't even know you could do such a thing. I only played for like 2 hours. I keep running into large mobs on the way to missions and dying. Those two captains keep chasing me down and get the kill, think they went from like level 5 to 17.

Yeah.

Those captains will appear in my game, giving me the option to fulfill a vendetta.

Thou hath been avenged.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 6, 2014 -> 07:34 AM)

First look at Zelda on WiiU. Want

That demo was really pretty but I hope it's not just alot of grass and a big map. Open world and a huge map has so much potential for that game that they need to make all the villages bigger I'd say.

I also like how you don't have to control the horse as you shoot arrows or other things.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 05:17 AM)
That demo was really pretty but I hope it's not just alot of grass and a big map. Open world and a huge map has so much potential for that game that they need to make all the villages bigger I'd say.

I also like how you don't have to control the horse as you shoot arrows or other things.

Loved the slo mo attack off the horse. And he was parachuting with the sailcloth, maybe the red dragon boat makes an appearance

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 05:17 AM)

The demo didn't do much for me - if you just look high level, nothing we saw (other than horse autopilot, which is definitely cool) was fundamentally different from than, say, Twilight Princess. I know they're promising an open world structure but it didn't really show up. And I don't know how it could show up in a short video, anyway.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 07:00 AM)
Loved the slo mo attack off the horse. And he was parachuting with the sailcloth, maybe the red dragon boat makes an appearance

It was funny when he was talking about not having to control the horse while aiming because "horses usually don't crash into trees randomly"

QUOTE (shysocks @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 08:47 AM)
The demo didn't do much for me - if you just look high level, nothing we saw (other than horse autopilot, which is definitely cool) was fundamentally different from than, say, Twilight Princess. I know they're promising an open world structure but it didn't really show up. And I don't know how it could show up in a short video, anyway.

Yea that's basically it,small sample size but the potential is huge, I'm excited for the game but I think I'll really get pumped for it when I see the map a little fuller and putting all that space to use. Still time tho.

This is a good site find other people to do the raid with or Nightfall and other things. I used it a couple times to find people and it worked pretty well.

Destinylfg

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 4, 2014 -> 10:47 AM)
Let me know your thoughts when you finish it. It ended up being maybe my least favorite AC game after the first one.

Yeah, agree on ACIII. It started a run of technically very impressive games for AC though. The size of the wilderness in ACIII is awe-inspiring once you start running around. Same goes for the open sea in Black Flag, very impressive. The rest of ACIII (main character, story, mission structure) was disappointing.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 02:12 PM)
Anyone here play FIFA Ultimate Team?

I have, but I try not to get too sucked into it because I refuse to give them extra money for it. I get some free packs for my pre-order bonuses and eventually give up on it. It always seems to play differently than the regular FIFA modes. I can't put my finger on why, I think it has to do with the chemistry stuff, but it always feels different.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 10, 2014 -> 08:43 PM)
I have, but I try not to get too sucked into it because I refuse to give them extra money for it. I get some free packs for my pre-order bonuses and eventually give up on it. It always seems to play differently than the regular FIFA modes. I can't put my finger on why, I think it has to do with the chemistry stuff, but it always feels different.

I got sucked into it. Fortunately, I've given exactly $0 to EA on it. I played MUT and spent like $50. Built a pretty good team and then stopped playing once FIFA came out.

I bought like $25 worth of coins from some coin sellers, that much gets you around 300,000 coins. I bought Di Maria and some of the more expensive players with it and my team is now actually good. It'll cost you something like $100 to buy the coins to get someone like Ronaldo or Messi. It's pretty damn crazy if you think about it.