2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 11:40 AM)
It's baffling seeing how many people here think so many shows are so terrible yet continue to watch and comment on them week after week.

That's not unique to this board. TWD gets monster ratings and I'd bet you the vast majority of people that watch it don't think it's particularly good.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 12:46 PM)
That's not unique to this board. TWD gets monster ratings and I'd bet you the vast majority of people that watch it don't think it's particularly good.

I didn't mean to suggest it was. But if people don't think it's particularly good why keep watching? There's too much quality stuff, plus sports, on television for me to waste tv watching time on shows that don't provide me with enjoyment or entertainment

Cliffhangers are the hallmark of terrible writing.

It's tough to explain why we continue to watch a show that so regularly disappoints. For me, it's because the show has this great potential that it never really reaches. It gets close for short spurts. It's to the point, though, where I won't even bother recording an episode if I know I'm not going to be able to catch it because I know I won't miss anything important. So my interest is definitely waning more and more.

I know there are a bunch of other quality shows I can replace it with, but I'm just too lazy to catch myself up on any of them :lol:

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 10:54 AM)
But if people don't think it's particularly good why keep watching? There's too much quality stuff, plus sports, on television for me to waste tv watching time on shows that don't provide me with enjoyment or entertainment

I find it entertaining in a cheesy horror flick kind of way. It's good for some laughs. It's not high art. It's a show about zombies. To me the best episode was the pilot.

I thought the Walking Dead finale was very good. At first I didn't get the flashbacks, but looking back it all ties into the change in Rick. The flashbacks showed how it was Herschel who got him to start the farming and animal raising, and basically got him thinking that it would all be "okay" at the prison. Then Rick tried to get Carl to follow the same path. Rick's behavior and change in demeanor all stemmed from Herschel being killed by the Governor. The events in last night's episode pushed him over the edge.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 01:08 PM)
I thought the Walking Dead finale was very good. At first I didn't get the flashbacks, but looking back it all ties into the change in Rick. The flashbacks showed how it was Herschel who got him to start the farming and animal raising, and basically got him thinking that it would all be "okay" at the prison. Then Rick tried to get Carl to follow the same path. Rick's behavior and change in demeanor all stemmed from Herschel being killed by the Governor. The events in last night's episode pushed him over the edge.

Beating a dead horse IMO. Who didn't know that before the finale?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)
Finally is right, although I feel like I will miss it depsite all my complaining about it.

The first few years were, well, legendary. It went about three to four years too long. I only hung on because I wanted to see how they ended it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 02:46 PM)
They better hope the mother is better than Ted, aka the worst character in the history of television.

From all indications, she basically seems like the female Ted, so don't get your hopes up.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 03:46 PM)
They better hope the mother is better than Ted, aka the worst character in the history of television.

Lol, and you will watch every one of the bad performances and shows

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 05:24 PM)
Lol, and you will watch every one of the bad performances and shows

Im any watch the premiere since it'll be on Monday when nothing else is on but no high hopes for it. The new show that debuts after HIMYM tonight looks brutal. Brooklyn Decker's rack can only hold a show for so long.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 05:47 PM)
Im any watch the premiere since it'll be on Monday when nothing else is on but no high hopes for it. The new show that debuts after HIMYM tonight looks brutal. Brooklyn Decker's rack can only hold a show for so long.

They can feature her rack prominently. Change the name to BD Rack. Let's start a web petition

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 31, 2014 -> 04:47 PM)

5-10 minutes, unless she's running around like the Percy Jackson/Lightning Thief girl in True Detective with them unharnessed.

I couldn't stand her in that Adam Sandler comedy...or Battleship. Wanted to mute anything she said.

I'm not sure who is worse at acting, her or Taylor Swift or Lady Gaga.

Edited by caulfield12