Expectations: Jose Abreu

Jose Abreu

Jose Abreu ASGs  

41 members have voted

1. 1. How many ASGs will Abreu be selected for in this contract?

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jan 24, 2014 -> 06:57 AM)
They're already available from MLB.com as well.

My friend tried ordering a Abreu jersey shirt for a Christmas gift, but his order was cancelled by the MLB shop. He placed it again...cancelled again. So he gives them a call to see why it keeps getting cancelled. He was told, "He is too new of a player", so they couldn't complete his order, even though "Abreu - 79" was an option on the website.

Not sure if things have changed a month later, but just a heads up if you try to order it at the MLB Shop.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jan 25, 2014 -> 02:24 PM)
My friend tried ordering a Abreu jersey shirt for a Christmas gift, but his order was cancelled by the MLB shop. He placed it again...cancelled again. So he gives them a call to see why it keeps getting cancelled. He was told, "He is too new of a player", so they couldn't complete his order, even though "Abreu - 79" was an option on the website.

Not sure if things have changed a month later, but just a heads up if you try to order it at the MLB Shop.

Is it possible they're just not 100% sure he won't change his number?

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jan 25, 2014 -> 01:24 PM)

Same thing happened to me. It should work now.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jan 24, 2014 -> 04:12 PM)
Got a link for it? For some reason I cant find it

It's kind of confusing the way they do it. You have to go into the "personalized jerseys" and then they have a drop down menu that has all the players available.

Quick link to the personalized jerseys

http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categ...&cp=1452701

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jan 27, 2014 -> 11:54 AM)
It's kind of confusing the way they do it. You have to go into the "personalized jerseys" and then they have a drop down menu that has all the players available.

Quick link to the personalized jerseys

http://shop.mlb.com/family/index.jsp?categ...&cp=1452701

But you have to call them and do it otherwise they cancel it. It's annoying as f***. You have to get one from CSD or SoxFest really.

• 2 weeks later...

I am just going to put this in here because I can't find the original we signed Abreu thread.

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 7m

Mentioned on Hot Stove teams believed to have bid over $60M on Jose Abreu were winning #Whitesox plus #Redsox #Brewers #Astros

Surprising that the Rockies aren't mentioned as there were reports they were finalists as well.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Feb 7, 2014 -> 09:39 AM)
I am just going to put this in here because I can't find the original we signed Abreu thread.

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1 7m

Mentioned on Hot Stove teams believed to have bid over $60M on Jose Abreu were winning #Whitesox plus #Redsox #Brewers #Astros

Surprising that the Rockies aren't mentioned as there were reports they were finalists as well.

Yea who knows? There was a lot of misinformation being spread during that whole ordeal, maybe the Rockies interest was over stated or they just weren't willing to go that high. Even if they went to $55 million or something that's still a respectable bid.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 04:31 PM)
Jayson Stark ‏@jaysonst 7h

And this: Polled 23 execs for spring preview. Their 3 best free-agent signings: 1) McCann, 2) Hudson, 3) Jose Abreu http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/10444000...-preview-survey

No Tanaka. I like it. But Hudson? Really?

Heard Laurence Holmes say on 670 earlier tonight that Abreu was putting on a clinic in the batting cage today. Everybody is taking note of his work ethic and approach. I am really excited about this guy, I think we have the steal of the offseason.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Feb 17, 2014 -> 10:59 PM)
Heard Laurence Holmes say on 670 earlier tonight that Abreu was putting on a clinic in the batting cage today. Everybody is taking note of his work ethic and approach. I am really excited about this guy, I think we have the steal of the offseason.

Hope some of this rubs off on Tank.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Feb 18, 2014 -> 01:53 PM)
Hope some of this rubs off on Tank.

Word. Man if this goes as planned then we will not only have one of the best hitters in the world, but a shining beacon of work ethic and professionalism as an example for the young guys we're feeding in. f***ing genius if it pans out.

I really like Abreu's professionalism so far both on the field, in the media, and in the clubhouse. Beckham and Eaton already gave him the nickname "Yogi" because he looks like a bear lol.

Like a poster above said if this all goes as planned, the core of this line up has so much potential.

The core of

Abreu

Garcia

Davidson

Eaton

Viciedo

Semein

Mix in couple key free agents and this team can be competing for a while, but everything has to go as planned.