NFL Super Bowl XLVIII

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 2, 2014 -> 10:17 PM)
We have been spoiled by all the close Super Bowls recently, growing up they were all blowouts like this one.

Props to Seattle for being the best team all year and props to Texas A&M's fans for leading the Seahawks to victory.

:lol:

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 03:32 AM)
Congrats to JPN!

Top 5 defense in NFL history easily.

I don't look at that roster and think "This reminds me of the Ravens/Bucs" in terms of NFL legends, but maybe in 10 years we'll look back on it and think exactly that. They flat out earned it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 07:35 AM)
I don't look at that roster and think "This reminds me of the Ravens/Bucs" in terms of NFL legends, but maybe in 10 years we'll look back on it and think exactly that. They flat out earned it.

A lot of their players are so young, so they haven't built up legacys like some of the Ravens & Buccs have, so we will see where their careers end up. Just such a dangerous combination of speed and PEDs that makes them so good. And fitting for a baseball message board, having a good cost-controlled quarterback is such an advantage in building the rest of the roster.

Meanwhile, the snow is coming down hard in New Jersey today, we were 12 hours away from a classic.

QUOTE (Joxer_Daly @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 09:18 AM)
What's the regulation of PEDs like in the NFL?

Testing for PED's but no approved testing for HGH. Testing program weaker than MLB's in general but has probably caught as many or more people. If Braun/ARoid can get around MLB's testing program then it's not going to be tough at all to beat the current NFL program, so the fact that people are getting caught suggests a lot of use to me.

QUOTE (Joxer_Daly @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 08:18 AM)
What's the regulation of PEDs like in the NFL?

It's usually a 4-game suspension the first time you are caught, then the penalties can be more severe for repeat offenders. In baseball though, any drug user is given the scarlet letter and looked down upon forever. In football, no one seems to care, there doesn't seem to be much of a negative reputation for PED users, it's just forgotten about. I think it's the nature of the game, it's so physical and violent, people don't care as much about it, the players are already so large anyway. In baseball, once the sacred records were broken by large unnaturally musuclar men, people got upset.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 02:22 PM)
Testing for PED's but no approved testing for HGH. Testing program weaker than MLB's in general but has probably caught as many or more people. If Braun/ARoid can get around MLB's testing program then it's not going to be tough at all to beat the current NFL program, so the fact that people are getting caught suggests a lot of use to me.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 02:27 PM)
It's usually a 4-game suspension the first time you are caught, then the penalties can be more severe for repeat offenders. In baseball though, any drug user is given the scarlet letter and looked down upon forever. In football, no one seems to care, there doesn't seem to be much of a negative reputation for PED users, it's just forgotten about. I think it's the nature of the game, it's so physical and violent, people don't care as much about it, the players are already so large anyway. In baseball, once the sacred records were broken by large unnaturally musuclar men, people got upset.

I see. Thanks.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 3, 2014 -> 08:01 AM)
A lot of their players are so young, so they haven't built up legacys like some of the Ravens & Buccs have, so we will see where their careers end up. Just such a dangerous combination of speed and PEDs that makes them so good. And fitting for a baseball message board, having a good cost-controlled quarterback is such an advantage in building the rest of the roster.

Meanwhile, the snow is coming down hard in New Jersey today, we were 12 hours away from a classic.

Kam Chancellor's f***ing huge. That guy's literally a LB playing safety (kinda like Urlacher in college, but way faster).