Help - MLB TV Subscription Cancellation

Joxer_Daly

I need to pass on getting MLB TV for 2014, but when I went to cancel online it seems to be already in place. It says I have access until the end of February 2015 and that no refunds will be given.

I thought renewals only kicked in at the end of this month? Any advice appreciated.

QUOTE (Joxer_Daly @ Feb 20, 2014 -> 07:36 PM)
I need to pass on getting MLB TV for 2014, but when I went to cancel online it seems to be already in place. It says I have access until the end of February 2015 and that no refunds will be given.

I thought renewals only kicked in at the end of this month? Any advice appreciated.

I think I can help you, but I will need your log in and password.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Feb 20, 2014 -> 07:47 PM)
I think I can help you, but I will need your log in and password.

Better get a credit card too... to be safe.

As for the real problem, I would try calling them. It is early enough, you might be able to talk someone in customer service into a refund. They just charged for the MLB stuff. My audio bill hit a few days ago.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 20, 2014 -> 11:43 PM)
I had a similar issue a year or two ago and sent an email to customer support and they cleared it up no problem.

Yes, calling and speaking with a live human helps. I did this very same thing. Cancelling is easy, just need a human to do it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 21, 2014 -> 03:11 PM)
This is huge. DO NOT log on and use it, only to call the next day to cancel.

Obviously I had to log in for going about cancelling, but I assume you mean actually watching games and then trying to cancel.

Sent an email earlier, but no reply yet.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Feb 21, 2014 -> 03:52 PM)
Just out of curiosity, why are all guys cancelling? Move back to Chicago area? Upgrading to extra innings? Is there another option out there I am not aware of?

Thanks!

For me it's the time difference that is the killer. I try to watch as many live games as I can, but with the time difference, work and family, etc, the amount of games I'm able to get doesn't really justify the cost.

QUOTE (Joxer_Daly @ Feb 21, 2014 -> 03:33 PM)
For me it's the time difference that is the killer. I try to watch as many live games as I can, but with the time difference, work and family, etc, the amount of games I'm able to get doesn't really justify the cost.

Can't you watch them later though?