ST: 3/22 SS- vs Giants/at Padres

flavum

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 12:47 AM)
Saw Hawkins bat a few times today. He has no plate coverage at all. Unless it's on the inner-half, I can't see how he makes contact.

I thought the same thing. He took a fastball down the middle.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 06:31 AM)
Agreed. Much rather see Petricka make the team.

What are the options/rights for Cleto?

I would rather have him than Veal on the roster. Or Petricka, for that matter, if it means losing Cleto.

I guess with Boggs, if he doesn't make the team out of spring training (guaranteeing the $1.1 million contract), he'll become a free agent or possibly agree to stay at Charlotte if he's comfortable and the Sox think they can fix whatever ails him.

Then there's Webb...whatever they do, please don't bring Dylan Axelrod north with the club as the long-man. Anything but THAT.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 07:40 AM)
What are the options/rights for Cleto?

I would rather have him than Veal on the roster. Or Petricka, for that matter, if it means losing Cleto.

I guess with Boggs, if he doesn't make the team out of spring training (guaranteeing the $1.1 million contract), he'll become a free agent or possibly agree to stay at Charlotte if he's comfortable and the Sox think they can fix whatever ails him.

Then there's Webb...whatever they do, please don't bring Dylan Axelrod north with the club as the long-man. Anything but THAT.

Oh yeah I forgot Cleto. I guess I could see Jones, Lindstrom, Belisario, Downs, Veal, Cleto and then a long reliever (Petricka?Axelrod?)

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 22, 2014 -> 06:47 PM)
Saw Hawkins bat a few times today. He has no plate coverage at all. Unless it's on the inner-half, I can't see how he makes contact.

I have been kind of an apologist for Hawkins but he had two horrible at-bats yesterday. He looked completely lost.

ANYone but Axe. The appeal of the unknown is enough for me. Veal has had a good spring and will hopefully return to his '12 form. Worried more about several of the others, as Veal's role won't be huge anyway, unless Downs totally blows.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 22, 2014 -> 06:47 PM)

Are there any stats on him in ST?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 05:50 PM)
Amazing that comcast wouldn't bother fixing that feedback squeal all throughout spring training. Bulls***, I can't watch for more than a few minutes without changing the channel

Oh thank god that isn't just my TV.

Liddi can play all over the field, ala Oquendo/McEwing.

He's got a nice amount of pop, the human interest story being Italian and an Olympian...but he's going to end up at Charlotte in all likelihood.

Who knows, though, Ventura might like him more than Leury Garcia.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 09:46 AM)
Liddi can play all over the field, ala Oquendo/McEwing.

He's got a nice amount of pop, the human interest story being Italian and an Olympian...but he's going to end up at Charlotte in all likelihood.

Who knows, though, Ventura might like him more than Leury Garcia.

He is organizational filter, no doubt.