Ozzie returning to White Sox as team ambassador

ron883

He will return someday. Not as the manayer, but team ambassador,Spanish broadcaster, broadcaster, special advisor.... something. He burned some bridges, but he burned bridges when he left as a player. From the interviews I have seen with him, it seems obvious to me he knows he screwed up. He seems humbled, it could be fake, there has been some fake humility before with both Ozzie and KW. I think this time for him, it is real.

I would imagine there will be some sort of Frank Thomas Day this year when he goes into the HOF. That might be a perfect time to have Ozzie return to USCF>

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 01:23 PM)
He will return someday. Not as the manayer, but team ambassador,Spanish broadcaster, broadcaster, special advisor.... something. He burned some bridges, but he burned bridges when he left as a player. From the interviews I have seen with him, it seems obvious to me he knows he screwed up. He seems humbled, it could be fake, there has been some fake humility before with both Ozzie and KW. I think this time for him, it is real.

I would imagine there will be some sort of Frank Thomas Day this year when he goes into the HOF. That might be a perfect time to have Ozzie return to USCF>

I laughed at this part, because thats how he says it

He burned about every single bridge he had to the White Sox. I dont envision him ever coming back.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 04:07 PM)
Surely he could come back for events or ceremonial things -- but you mean..just..not as an employee ..ever again, right?

I think some people in the front office would have to die for that to happen, but never say never right?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 04:05 PM)
He burned about every single bridge he had to the White Sox. I dont envision him ever coming back.

Burned is putting it lightly.

He burned the bridges, rebuilt them in stone form, then blew those up with TNT, then poisoned the water so that it gave off toxic fumes so a new bridge could never be built.

I think it's an extreme long shot he makes it back to the organization. But he is kissing some major ass right now to get a baseball job again. I've heard he's had interviews where he said he didn't know how good he had it with Kenny Williams and the organization and saying other stuff like that.

Edited by BaconOnAStick

I didn't fall for it, but that's about the only type of job he'll be getting in baseball in the future. We've mentioned this time and again but no way a GM can risk putting "The Mouth" in a position of authority again. It's too bad Oz was too dumb to realize he might not want to run his mouth (in Miami) until he got that team in first place to stay.

The Castro thing and the gay thing has ended his career in baseball (except for broadcasting, scouting).

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 1, 2014 -> 10:29 PM)
I didn't fall for it, but that's about the only type of job he'll be getting in baseball in the future. We've mentioned this time and again but no way a GM can risk putting "The Mouth" in a position of authority again. It's too bad Oz was too dumb to realize he might not want to run his mouth (in Miami) until he got that team in first place to stay.

The Castro thing and the gay thing has ended his career in baseball (except for broadcasting, scouting).

You forgot the fact that he is a horrible manager

Maybe after Jerry dies, but not before. Not a chance.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 10:00 AM)
Well if creepy avatar guy says it.

It's not creepy. It's Geddy Lee. And Sullivan had an article about Ozzie thinking about going to USCF last year. It said JR was told Ozzie was thinking of coming to the game and JR said "good".

Edited by Dick Allen