4/15; Red Sox @ White Sox

Jose Abreu

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 05:50 PM)
1) WCIU doesn't have whatever "definitive" angle you're talking about. That would be the angle you'd need, is directly down the first base line. Really, the guy who had the best angle there is the home plate umpire.

2) It's not if he was off the base, it's a matter of when. As long as that ball contacts the mitt before he's off, he's out. The majority of the time a guy comes off, everyone thinks he's safe, but in reality he actually had the bag at time of possession.

At full speed I agree with #2 but not when it's slowed down and you can see everything clearly. Ball in mitt foot off base . I mean when the opposing teams announcers say it going to be overturned then its pretty damn clear.

QUOTE (beautox @ Apr 15, 2014 -> 07:55 PM)
I'm with you I too would love to have seen what Avi could produce but at the same time its refreshing to know that they will have a definitive answer about Viciedo this season and probably Danks as well, is he a 4th OF a 5th OF or just AAAA fodder.

Yeah, losing Avi sucks, no way around it. But I'm glad Viciedo will be getting one last opportunity. I know it's early, but I've really liked what I've seen out of Viciedo so far. His 11.8 BB % is proof he's trying to be more selective. Whether or not he can sustain a rate close to that level remains to be seen, but at least he understands what it will take for him to be a quality major league hitter and he's working towards that goal.