SOXTALK.COM WAS DOWN FOREVER!

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 05:17 PM)
...and the opportunity to tack on a run or two in spots...so many reasons, but it still comes down to BB's. But I have to say, I love this team's fight. f***ing Flowers, that was clutch!!

Agreed, I really enjoy the fight this team has. Jordan Danks has had two fantastic at bats in the last 3 games, and followed them up with a steal.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 11:06 AM)
He didn't do that with Cleto.

I'm not sure why Lindstrom didn't start off the 9th.

SoxTalk has spoken and Lindstrom can no longer be brought into save situations.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 11:35 AM)
and Webb the 8th.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 01:37 PM)
What I didn't understand is why Petricka was used in the 8th inning when we are up by 2? He just pitched the night before and he wasnt even on the roster the start of the season and we are using him in one of the most important part of the game? Should have been Webb

I think the goal was to give Webb the night off until RV's hand was forced. As I have said, this bullpen is a work in progress, they are going to take their lumps, but I think they have some pieces to be a top flight bullpen next season. Cleto/Guerra in the 7th, Jones in the 8th, and Webb in the ninth sounds pretty strong in the long run, bring up Leesman and Purcey as the LH'ers and Rienzo as the long man and it should be pretty stout. The rest of the guys are here to see if they can be fixed and peddled for spare parts. The team may be ready to contend next season but this year is all about developing guys to be contributors in the Sox window of contention.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 02:04 PM)

I think the goal was to give Webb the night off until RV's hand was forced. As I have said, this bullpen is a work in progress, they are going to take their lumps, but I think they have some pieces to be a top flight bullpen next season. Cleto/Guerra in the 7th, Jones in the 8th, and Webb in the ninth sounds pretty strong in the long run, bring up Leesman and Purcey as the LH'ers and Rienzo as the long man and it should be pretty stout. The rest of the guys are here to see if they can be fixed and peddled for spare parts. The team may be ready to contend next season but this year is all about developing guys to be contributors in the Sox window of contention.

Why though? He had one pitch the night before and thats it.. He ended up pitching 3 innings instead so fail of Robin's part.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 01:08 PM)
One thing that killed the Sox last night was the inability to turn double plays in the 8th and 11th. Gillaspie lobbing the ball to Semien instead of leading him prevented the Sox from keeping a 3-1 lead in the 8th, and then not being able to turn the DP on Ortiz in the 11th seemed strange.

I thought the same thing until I saw that Semien was not that close to the base when Gillaspie threw it. I think a lob was close to his only safe play. He might have been able to throw it a little harder but not a ton.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 02:04 PM)

I kind of hinted at this in another post, but I think the same thing. I don't think they wanted to bring him in on Tuesday either, but were kind of forced to do so.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 07:24 AM)
Tell me exactly what he could have done different to make his bullpen throw strikes. He literally used everyone, none of them were close to the zone

How about not bring an erratic Cleto in to start the ninth. Webb has been the best arm out of the pen. He should've came in after Downs. I can get the Downs, Petricka and veal because of the LH, RH, LH bats.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 03:27 PM)
How about not bring an erratic Cleto in to start the ninth. Webb has been the best arm out of the pen. He should've came in after Downs. I can get the Downs, Petricka and veal because of the LH, RH, LH bats.

The easy answer is that Webb pitched the night before.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 09:50 AM)
gotta follow Soxtalk on FB and twitter so you can get the notices when things go haywire :)

The computer was new so the first webpage I tried was soxtalk. This is when ithought it was the computer. As soon as itried another website I knew is was soxtalk. It just made me nervous right away.