SOXTALK.COM WAS DOWN FOREVER!

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 09:04 AM)
I would have liked him to have Lindstrom start the 9th.

I would have too. My only complaint. But, it isnt like Lindstrom hasnt been prone to doing the exact same crap everyone else did last night.

Still though, that was a closer spot, he should have gotten it

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 09:15 AM)
Webb threw almost 60 pitches, didn't he?

He's going to have to sit now until Saturday, probably Sunday.

And he's our best pitcher in the bullpen right now.

Very concerned to see how his arm responds to that. He pitched the night before as well.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 09:19 AM)
Very concerned to see how his arm responds to that. He pitched the night before as well.

Webb was a starter in the minors for quite a while. I can't imagine this is something his arm isn't used to.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 08:58 AM)
i was annoyed with him with Danks at first, but the pen wasnt anywhere near his weird strike zone, or a normal strike zone.

I guess my only complaint last night was starting Cleto in the 9th, but everything else was just whatever. They sucked, way too many free passes, and the Sox lost because of it and also burned through a lot of pitchers.

The zone was wide and high, but only wide to the opposite side of the catcher from wherever the umpire was looking over the catchers shoulder. It almost looked like a funnel from the top down.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 07:01 AM)
I thought it was gone for good

I just had a new computer delivered and was trying to figure out what was wrong with it. I couldn't get on soxtalk so there must have been a problem with the new computer. :)

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 09:33 AM)
I just had a new computer delivered and was trying to figure out what was wrong with it. I couldn't get on soxtalk so there must have been a problem with the new computer. :)

gotta follow Soxtalk on FB and twitter so you can get the notices when things go haywire :)

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 09:53 AM)
I mean, 5 pitchers in 8th and 9th with 5 or 6 walks was truly something. They really weren't close too. Mikel had no idea where strike zone was.

We have a lot of pitchers this year who have tons of movement on everything they throw. I can totally see why guys like Bellisario, Cleto, Paulino, etc can't throw strikes. They don't throw anything straight, and I really think they have no idea or ability to control where it goes.

I believe it was a rookie umpire behind home plate. They should just go to automated balls and strikes., or have guys who are strickly home plate umpires. Have something beep in the umpire's ear if it hit the zone. Of course, after watching the replay debacle, that certainly would have some kinks to work out.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 10:15 AM)
Webb threw almost 60 pitches, didn't he?

He's going to have to sit now until Saturday, probably Sunday.

And he's our best pitcher in the bullpen right now.

Roster move? (For fresh arm). They really don't have a guy for long relief role. I knew it was going to come back later when Downs came in, walk, take him out, repeat with Veal.

I'm glad I fell asleep.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 09:58 AM)
I believe it was a rookie umpire behind home plate. They should just go to automated balls and strikes., or have guys who are strickly home plate umpires. Have something beep in the umpire's ear if it hit the zone. Of course, after watching the replay debacle, that certainly would have some kinks to work out.

LOL

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 08:59 AM)
Roster move? (For fresh arm). They really don't have a guy for long relief role. I knew it was going to come back later when Downs came in, walk, take him out, repeat with Veal.

I'm glad I fell asleep.

Or use Surkamp as the long man and replacement for Veal (2nd lefty).

That's probably the best option at the moment.

Christopher Kamka ‏@ckamka 34m

Last night, Adrian Nieto & Tyler Flowers were first pair of #WhiteSox catchers with multi-hit game since John Romano & J.C. Martin 8/6/1965

Leury Garcia snapped a streak of three straight scoreless outings by #WhiteSox position player pitchers. Steve Lyons had been last with ER.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Apr 17, 2014 -> 07:04 AM)
Jose Abreu created the game thread before midnight. Next thing you know SoxTalk crashes for over 12 hours and Leury Garcia is pitching.

That was very entertaining after being pissed at Sox pitchers walking just about everyone.

Then Leury walked two guys and they both scored. Figures. Oh well, it was fun and I was laughing for most of that inning.