White Sox vs Rays - 4/25 - 7:10 - WCIU - Game 1 of 4

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 26, 2014 -> 01:20 AM)
Are CS percentages higher these days than 4 or 5 years ago? It seems to me whether it is the White Sox or other games I watch, runners seem to be getting gunned down far more often.

Raw totals for the past 10 years:

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=...=&players=0

Seems to typically fluctuate between 72% and 74% success rate. 2005 appears to be the low point during this time frame at 70.5% success rate. This year has been around 74%.

Rodon with 11 of the first 13 outs by way of the K.

He's now got to be THE pick and a game of chicken begins with the Marlins, Astros and White Sox, with Hoffman on the shelf.

11 k's through 5, one CS (after walk), the other three outs were all on the infield.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 07:32 PM)
Rodon with 11 of the first 13 outs by way of the K.

He's now got to be THE pick and a game of chicken begins with the Marlins, Astros and White Sox, with Hoffman on the shelf.

I'd be elated if we got him and signed him.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 06:30 PM)
Raw totals for the past 10 years:

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=...=&players=0

Seems to typically fluctuate between 72% and 74% success rate. 2005 appears to be the low point during this time frame at 70.5% success rate. This year has been around 74%.

It's just because of AJ and guys like Floyd who couldn't hold on anyone to save their lives.

And our catchers are actually pretty decent throwing out runners. Nieto has a great quick release, not a cannon, but effective.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 07:35 PM)
Some of these shifts piss me off. You can't do it to the best hitters that can hit anywhere. Stop trying to be cute with the shifts

Eh, it's playing the odds, you get burnt sometimes, but you get burnt plenty when you don't shift as well. I like it, it's nice to be at the forefront of something for once.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 07:37 PM)
Eh, it's playing the odds, you get burnt sometimes, but you get burnt plenty when you don't shift as well. I like it, it's nice to be at the forefront of something for once.

I just don't think they should be done to almost every other hitter. I don't watch Longoria enough to know if he grounds out to the left side almost every time or not

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Apr 26, 2014 -> 01:41 AM)
I just don't think they should be done to almost every other hitter. I don't watch Longoria enough to know if he grounds out to the left side almost every time or not

Ground ball to the left side is a common outcome

http://www.fangraphs.com/spraycharts.aspx?...ALL&vs2=ALL