White Sox at Athletics - 5/14 - 2:35 - CSN - Game 3 of 3

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 14, 2014 -> 01:31 PM)
This has been consistently my biggest gripe with Ventura. He doesn't rest his regulars nearly enough. I mean, Abreu is in his first MLB-length season, he's been out there hobbling around like Kirk Gibson for days, and his plan is to give him 1 game off, some time in the future? Jeez, I'd be fine if Abreu got a day off a week, let him play 130 games this year to get broken in. No need to wear him into an injury.

And he wonders why the team had a couple games they seemed "flat".

With all the rest Sale is getting . I'm pretty convinced Hahn doesnt think we can win anything this year and is being super cautious with Sale because of it.

If that's the case Abreu deserves the same consideration. Maybe Hahn keeps his nose out of the dugout or doesnt tell his manager who to play and how often.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 14, 2014 -> 09:36 PM)
With all the rest Sale is getting . I'm pretty convinced Hahn doesnt think we can win anything this year and is being super cautious with Sale because of it.

If that's the case Abreu deserves the same consideration. Maybe Hahn keeps his nose out of the dugout or doesnt tell his manager who to play and how often.

I couldn't agree more. It's also why I hope they're safe with Webb and Petricka. To me, Webb has no business pitching multiple innings.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 14, 2014 -> 01:33 PM)
Not really. Viciedo's hand was wrapped under the bottom of the bat. There is nothing the ball could have glanced off of and gone that direction, other than his hand.

I never saw the replays. Just was stating that in normal replays the ball is a blur and pretty hard to follow. Don't think super slomo is used for any replays where things are broken down frame by frame and much clearer. Probably too expensive and takes too long.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 14, 2014 -> 03:36 PM)
Yeah but you also didnt like Ozzie's sunday lineups. He's basically forcing Jose to take an actual day off, the guy wants to play through it.

It's nothing structural at the moment I believe but its painful as most ankle injuries are.

For one thing, I doubt you saw me complain about that, that was other people. Second, if I did, it wasn't that he was giving guys rest - I liked that he did that. In his case, I just didn't get his need to get the entire bench into one game, which didn't make much sense.

QUOTE (Tannerfan @ May 14, 2014 -> 04:04 PM)
I'm really pleased with Gillaspie. Seeing him hit a left hander is a big improvement over last year.

Yeah just because Beckham is slow as s*** doesn't take away from Gillaspie improving in that regard.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2014 -> 04:14 PM)
I liked it better when this offense was good. Outside of the 9th inning on Monday, this has been one of the more boring 3 game series I can ever recall.

We've trucked out lineups with Simien, Sierra, and Leury, sprinkled with De Aza. Lots of outs.