White Sox at Athletics - 5/14 - 2:35 - CSN - Game 3 of 3

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ May 14, 2014 -> 02:41 PM)
Could this be the year Gordon turns it around

If Beckham didn't have the wrist injury which zapped his power last year, he would have put up some numbers that shut people up. He hit a lot of warning track homers and still was well over .300 with about a month and a half to go in the season until his quad got real bad.

It boggles my mind how many just want him to fail. Anything good he does it minimized. Any mistake or out he makes, blown out of proportion.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 14, 2014 -> 08:45 PM)
If Beckham didn't have the wrist injury which zapped his power last year, he would have put up some numbers that shut people up. He hit a lot of warning track homers and still was well over .300 with about a month and a half to go in the season until his quad got real bad.

It boggles my mind how many just want him to fail. Anything good he does it minimized. Any mistake or out he makes, blown out of proportion.

Totally agree with you here. He has way more power this year than last year. I'm rooting for him to do well.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 14, 2014 -> 02:49 PM)
His ankle is really bad right now but he wont come out and wont sit.

::facepalm::

Ya, may as well let him struggle through some games and never really let it get better.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 14, 2014 -> 08:45 PM)

They want him to fail and yet we really have no one ready to step in and replace him either

This has been consistently my biggest gripe with Ventura. He doesn't rest his regulars nearly enough. I mean, Abreu is in his first MLB-length season, he's been out there hobbling around like Kirk Gibson for days, and his plan is to give him 1 game off, some time in the future? Jeez, I'd be fine if Abreu got a day off a week, let him play 130 games this year to get broken in. No need to wear him into an injury.

And he wonders why the team had a couple games they seemed "flat".

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 14, 2014 -> 03:26 PM)
Not nearly enough. I'd place a decent wager he will do a 15 day stint this season.

I really wish they would work in a little more rest for him, even without the ankle thing. They only play a 90 game schedule in Cuba. I'd hate to see him die off in August because he isn't in shape for the US 162 game season.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ May 14, 2014 -> 03:31 PM)
I don't see how the Sox can win this challenge. It's almost impossible to follow where the ball hit .

Not really. Viciedo's hand was wrapped under the bottom of the bat. There is nothing the ball could have glanced off of and gone that direction, other than his hand.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 14, 2014 -> 03:31 PM)
This has been consistently my biggest gripe with Ventura. He doesn't rest his regulars nearly enough. I mean, Abreu is in his first MLB-length season, he's been out there hobbling around like Kirk Gibson for days, and his plan is to give him 1 game off, some time in the future? Jeez, I'd be fine if Abreu got a day off a week, let him play 130 games this year to get broken in. No need to wear him into an injury.

And he wonders why the team had a couple games they seemed "flat".

Yeah but you also didnt like Ozzie's sunday lineups. He's basically forcing Jose to take an actual day off, the guy wants to play through it.

It's nothing structural at the moment I believe but its painful as most ankle injuries are.