Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ May 5, 2015 -> 10:03 PM)
Crawford was great. Still wish he would change his name to three syllables so that effing chant can go away.

Lu-on-go! Lu-on -go! Would a third syllable really stop the chant?

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 6, 2015 -> 08:05 AM)
Teravainen had a great game last night. Really liking the lines from this series.

He has really been great, I don't know if there is a spot left for Versteegiak.

That 4th line of Kruger-Desjardanis-Shaw has been solid too, it's nice that they can throw them out there against anyone

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 6, 2015 -> 07:04 AM)
Lu-on-go! Lu-on -go! Would a third syllable really stop the chant?

I think it would, that one is too soft to matter.

We needs something more confusing like a Rzepecki

QUOTE (bmags @ May 6, 2015 -> 08:50 AM)
I think it would, that one is too soft to matter.

We needs something more confusing like a Rzepecki

I'm still confused as to why Wild fans were chanting the name of the goalie who was single handedly beating them. Thats not really where the goalie chant came from.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 6, 2015 -> 08:07 AM)
The Ducks have been put in charge of breaking the hearts of loyal, desperate, small town Canada.

That game was awesome except for the fans repeatedly throwing s*** on the ice.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 6, 2015 -> 08:56 AM)
I'm still confused as to why Wild fans were chanting the name of the goalie who was single handedly beating them. Thats not really where the goalie chant came from.

That was the weird part. Crawford's been pretty great so far this series, and it was still early in the game at that point.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 5, 2015 -> 09:19 PM)
Kind of hard to believe the Wild haven't scored yet. 11 minutes left to hang on

Minnesota just doesn't match up well with the Hawks. To get to Chicago, you have to be an extremely physical team that takes the body. Minnesota plays great locational defense, they just aren't that physical.

Minnesota fans were amped up for sure. I really don't mind the goalie taunt anymore. Of course, it really is stupid as all hell to be chanting it just moments after the puck drops, but I think I remember Crawford saying a couple years ago that he loves it and it pumps him up even more. Props to Minny fans for helping their team get shut out.

When the disappointment subsides for those fans, they might be left feeling a little foolish for taunting a goalie who shut out their team. I'm glad we don't really do that at the UC. It doesn't work, and energy is better spent cheering on the Hawks.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 6, 2015 -> 10:27 AM)
I just can't help but think of how amazing it is to see Kane playing as well as he is. Dude missed 2 1/2 months, put on his skates and boom time to play

Should have taken him 2 1/2 years... amirite?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 6, 2015 -> 08:56 AM)

My personal favorite was in the 3rd when Richards CLEARLY hit the crossbar and the fans yelled, "DUUUUUUUUUUB!" Errr...guys, he didn't do nuthin'.

The State of Hockey is in disarray.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 6, 2015 -> 09:31 AM)
Minnesota just doesn't match up well with the Hawks. To get to Chicago, you have to be an extremely physical team that takes the body. Minnesota plays great locational defense, they just aren't that physical.

I'm not sure that beats them, either. STL has been trying that for 2-3 years now. The Canucks tried, too.