2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 07:48 AM)
About a rift between the Rose "camp" and the Bulls front office.

Is this recent or is this dating back to last season or something? Or is this over the "recruiting" nonsense? Or is this related to him participating in the team USA stuff?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 10:00 AM)
Is this recent or is this dating back to last season or something? Or is this over the "recruiting" nonsense? Or is this related to him participating in the team USA stuff?

I general history of the relationship, with some insight into the Anthony recruitment. If you believe Cowley, Rose basically had no interest in Anthony coming here, but he loved the idea of Gasol coming here.

Here's the article:

http://www.suntimes.com/28980523-579/derri...orf-reacts.html

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 10:00 AM)

Cowley said the Bulls FO was really upset about Rose not going to dinner with Anthony when they were recruiting him. It supposedly goes back to his torn ACL. Cowley also mentioned Reggie Rose (who by all accounts is a real ass, and a supposed BJ Armstrong/ John Paxson rift.

JR says there is no problem. Rose said he has heard there was a problem but has never witnessed one.

I'm guessing there may have been issues, but it's not nearly as bad as Joe made it out to be.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 08:23 AM)
Cowley said the Bulls FO was really upset about Rose not going to dinner with Anthony when they were recruiting him. It supposedly goes back to his torn ACL. Cowley also mentioned Reggie Rose (who by all accounts is a real ass, and a supposed BJ Armstrong/ John Paxson rift.

JR says there is no problem. Rose said he has heard there was a problem but has never witnessed one.

I'm guessing there may have been issues, but it's not nearly as bad as Joe made it out to be.

Sounds exactly right. I hadn't read that article either, so thanks for sharing.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 09:54 AM)
I think Bulls are probably pissed that Rose is referencing "hearing things" but never personally experiencing it, and Cowley alluding to a lot without any actual evidence that the FO was pouting about Rose's involvement.

Honestly, I'd believe him, but I've read like 4 different versions of events on Rose's role in Anthony's recruiting. All have been pretty different.

Cowley basically just took all of the different versions, mixed them up, and called it "news".

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 04:35 PM)
Cowley basically just took all of the different versions, mixed them up, and called it "news".

This is how I feel. There is a hell of a lot of Cowley "spelling things out" that were never explicitly said, and he's doing this with items said across MONTHS. It was a hatchet job but unfortunately has made Cowley more relevant than ever. This was prime billing on the score all day, and frankly is the reason I no longer can listen to Boers and Bernstein.

To me everything he said is 100% believable though. I'm sure the Bulls ARE tired of Reggie, but have always maintained a great relationship with Rose. I'm sure they were, privately, pissed about Rose not wanting to help recruit Anthony. And i'm sure there is a beef between Paxson and BJ since Paxson basically removed BJ from the organization.

Cowley is Marriotti 2.0, but I don't think there's really much of an issue with his article here.

You know what...all I know is this. When it comes to work, Derrick puts it in. He's never complained verbally once and his teammates have always had his back. I can't wait till he's back wearing a Bulls uniform and leaving it all on the court and am cheering hard for him and the boys to put up a championship banner this year and that it is the first of many. He might be an idiot who lets his brother control him but he's a good kid. Not one coach that has ever been around him has had anything but glowing things to say about the kid and that says a lot!!!

Cowley's article was s***. He was one (apparently) original quotation from Rose about being surprised about a rift being there.

Then he speculates about whether something went on during the Melo recruitment by repeating rumors, speculates about BJ Armstrong, and speculates about whether Rose has done something about his people.

Then he quotes Derrick out of context saying he's going for a new start.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 11:33 AM)
Cowley's article was s***. He was one (apparently) original quotation from Rose about being surprised about a rift being there.

Then he speculates about whether something went on during the Melo recruitment by repeating rumors, speculates about BJ Armstrong, and speculates about whether Rose has done something about his people.

Then he quotes Derrick out of context saying he's going for a new start.

He quotes anonymous sources. He doesn't just speculate. I guess if you want you can claim he made them up. That's certainly what JR has done, but again we know JR is also partially bulls***ting since Rose admitted to having knowledge of a rift despite not being personally involved.

And again looking at the situation as a whole and reading all of the various reports that have come out over the years, I think everything in Cowley's article, while perhaps speculation, is still 100% reasonable and believable.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 11:30 AM)
You know what...all I know is this. When it comes to work, Derrick puts it in. He's never complained verbally once and his teammates have always had his back. I can't wait till he's back wearing a Bulls uniform and leaving it all on the court and am cheering hard for him and the boys to put up a championship banner this year and that it is the first of many. He might be an idiot who lets his brother control him but he's a good kid. Not one coach that has ever been around him has had anything but glowing things to say about the kid and that says a lot!!!

Totally agree. I'm excited for the season to start. I actually just got an email from a season ticket agent. Still debating if I want to drop $3500 on two 300 level seats.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 11:30 AM)

He just gets Reggie to do his complaining for him.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 09:31 AM)
I left them out because theirs was the one example of strate. c tanking that worked. But even so, they built that roster in the later rounds.

I think I just want to see competent organizations rewarded more often. I've said it before, but I'm very, very pissed off that Cleveland could be managed so horrendously and fall ass backwards into a championship contending team.

That's extreme luck more than anything. They didn't tank this year, they thought they were a playoff team. They did what you're "supposed to do" they just did it poorly. They were the dumpster fire they deserved to be before they moved up again and LeBron showed up.

Cleveland definitely thought they were a playoff team and it wasn't an outlandish thought. They were just a mess in the clubhouse, Kyrie was awful out of the gates, and they may have had a terrible coach.

I actually see Kyrie potentially torpedoing all the good vibes over in Cleveland. I think he's a terrible teammate.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 06:41 PM)
That's extreme luck more than anything. They didn't tank this year, they thought they were a playoff team. They did what you're "supposed to do" they just did it poorly. They were the dumpster fire they deserved to be before they moved up again and LeBron showed up.

Right but the new proposal would prevent a Cleveland situation of the last 4 years.

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 12:47 PM)
Cleveland definitely thought they were a playoff team and it wasn't an outlandish thought. They were just a mess in the clubhouse, Kyrie was awful out of the gates, and they may have had a terrible coach.

I actually see Kyrie potentially torpedoing all the good vibes over in Cleveland. I think he's a terrible teammate.

Possible, but with LeBron around, and most likely Love, he's #3 in the pecking order, not top dog. That will probably keep him on the straight and narrow.

I know I've said it before but I don't think I've ever seen "good" kyrie. I've seen him get hot from 3 and then ice cold in the same game. I've never really known how his reputation got so good to be a 2 time all-star even in the East. Obviously if Irving is your #3 best player you are in damn good shape but more just referencing how his reputation has never seemed to match for me.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 1, 2014 -> 01:18 PM)
I know I've said it before but I don't think I've ever seen "good" kyrie. I've seen him get hot from 3 and then ice cold in the same game. I've never really known how his reputation got so good to be a 2 time all-star even in the East. Obviously if Irving is your #3 best player you are in damn good shape but more just referencing how his reputation has never seemed to match for me.

Started with college and he's been hyped up ever since.