2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 11:34 AM)
RUMOR

Bulls receive: Kevin Martin, Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters

Cavs receive: Kevin Love, Mike Dunleavey Jr, Gorgui Dieng

Timberwolves receive: Andrew Wiggins, John Lucas III, Erik Murphy, Taj Gibson, Tony Snell

Brought to you by the flapship?

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RUMOR

Timberwolves receive: Andrew Wiggins, John Lucas III, Erik Murphy, Taj Gibson, Tony Snell

That's terrible.

RUMOR

The Bulls are getting a whole mess of potential for a lot of low ceiling guys. It strikes me as the type of deal you make if you are rebuilding. Honestly it would depend on if Thibs and staff think they can get throw to at least two of those three guys. You need at least one to emerge as a star for a deal like that to work.

Snell / Taj / MJD is a steep price to get Martin, Thompson and Waiters. However, it does significantly upgrade our wing play (Martin / Waiters is upgrade over MJD/Snell). Thompson is a nice young low post player, not sure how his defense is. Bulls clearly get younger (at PF and SG) and add a lot of quality assets for a trade (not sure what it does for our cap situation a year from now). However, I overrate Taj as I feel he is such an elite defensive player whose offensive game doesn't hurt you. If Thibbs thinks he can get defense out of the guys, I don't mind.

Waiters made some strides last year, not sure what his long term upside is. Martin is older and kind of reminds me of a poor mans Rip Hamilton. Probably an awful comparison but I'll go with it.

Actually I wouldn't mind that. Losing out on Love would suck, and helping facilitate the trade to move him to Cleveland would suck too. In the end though they significantly upgrade the SG position, both starting and backup. That allows Jimmy to move to SF to replace MJD. With the addition of Pau and Niko, losing Taj wouldn't hurt that bad, and TT isn't a bad player.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 04:34 PM)
RUMOR

That is an absolutely horrendous deal. Bulls get worse and help out a conference rival.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 09:57 AM)
Actually I wouldn't mind that. Losing out on Love would suck, and helping facilitate the trade to move him to Cleveland would suck too. In the end though they significantly upgrade the SG position, both starting and backup. That allows Jimmy to move to SF to replace MJD. With the addition of Pau and Niko, losing Taj wouldn't hurt that bad, and TT isn't a bad player.

One major issue I have, is if we are going to help Cleveland get Love, we better be certain we are getting extra value for our players, not just standard value, imo. There is a huge risk is helping Cleveland get Love. I still think if Minny does want to contend, Bulls have the best package out there.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 09:57 AM)

Yep; Our wings are much better, offensively, not sure how they are defensively. I don't know if Tristan can play defense. That is a big wild card for me because if we are going to give Cleveland Love, we better make sure we got a slew of guys we can put on him and also make sure we can take advantage of his defensive issues.

RUMOR

There's a better chance DRose becomes the Cal Ripken of the NBA than that trade happening.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 11:54 AM)
I didnt know that the Bulls still had Erik Murphy under contract.

EDIT: He's on the Cavs.

Ugh.

Utah recently traded 3 or 4 ex bulls to the Cavaliers to get the wheels spinning on the Love trade. Erik Murphy, JL3, Malcolm Thomas, and possibly one more, cant remember who

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 11:59 AM)
Yep; Our wings are much better, offensively, not sure how they are defensively. I don't know if Tristan can play defense. That is a big wild card for me because if we are going to give Cleveland Love, we better make sure we got a slew of guys we can put on him and also make sure we can take advantage of his defensive issues.

I'd probably try to swing Thompson in another deal should it go down(which I'm doubting, kinda think Steve is just "trolling" for reactions).

Really wanna see Niko get a good chunk of minutes this year.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 10:07 AM)
I'd probably try to swing Thompson in another deal should it go down(which I'm doubting, kinda think Steve is just "trolling" for reactions).

Really wanna see Niko get a good chunk of minutes this year.

Steve is posting a rumor from a Real GM poster.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 10:21 AM)
Same dude who said Melo was going to Chicago? I just can't buy into message board rumors I guess.

Rumors are just that. Rumors. This person is supposedly legit but that doesn't mean 100% is going to be accurate. That is always the case. Look at what happens with proven posters. I mean, Rock, is not always going to be right. That doesn't mean he's full of crap or his source is wrong. If it was a complete done deal, it would be public, everything reported has uncertainties to it and might be misinformation released, etc. You never truly know.

Now some people are just full of it. But you can usually spot those and pull them out. I find it laughable that people think some insider is going to be 100% accurate. Take it for what it is worth and it can give you potential hints into at least the thought process, etc. And in this case, I really don't see the Bulls working towards a 3 way trade, not if they want Love. However, if Minny finally moves that route, I could see them trying to get talent but if it were me, I'd be trying for Wiggins.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 12:07 PM)

Did I punch your mother in a past life or something? We discuss rumors in here like every f***ing day, man.

RUMOR

Gorgui Dieng averaged 12 and 12 in the 15 games he started last year. As a rookie. Did you get this from a Cavs board or something?

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 01:29 PM)
Gorgui Dieng averaged 12 and 12 in the 15 games he started last year. As a rookie. Did you get this from a Cavs board or something?

Reddit found it from RealGM and the guy's been right before - should we only post rumors when they say "Kevin Love to Chicago", sir? Let me know whatever you and scs want in your forum so I can oblige. I truly don't want to offend either of your Highnesses.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 01:41 PM)
Reddit found it from RealGM and the guy's been right before - should we only post rumors when they say "Kevin Love to Chicago", sir? Let me know whatever you and scs want in your forum so I can oblige. I truly don't want to offend either of your Highnesses.

Not at all, this rumor was just stupid and doesn't make sense for anyone other than the Cavs. I wasn't offended at all. It just doesn't make sense.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 25, 2014 -> 01:28 PM)
Did I punch your mother in a past life or something? We discuss rumors in here like every f***ing day, man.

I just question anything I don't hear by the beat guys. I follow 3-4 from Minny and Cleveland and hadn't heard a peep. That is perhaps silly but those things tend to leak back to those guys....Maybe I should "Broaden my horizons" and start following realGM (I do follow their twitter feed).

As for your other comment about only posting rumors about Love to Chicago, that's silly. I said I actually kinda like that deal and would do it all day.

Edited by scs787