2014-2015 NBA thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 07:16 PM)
Rumor: Miami Heat Chris Bosh will sign 5 year deal starting at $11m/yr. Dwyane Wade 4 year deal starting at $12m/yr. (Source: John Canzano)

If so, kudos to Bosh, who is actually valuable, to take that significant of a pay cut to make it happen. That will give Heat enough money to bring in Lowry +.

Bosh is legitimately leaving about 28 million on the table easily. He's taking Tim Duncan end of career money.

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 02:18 PM)
I've come to root for Bosh. Seems like he gets all this hate but he's been extremely unselfish in everything and is still an excellent player, imo. I can't stand Wade though.

The only one of the big 3 that I dislike is Wade. There is just absolutely nothing likeable about that guy.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 02:18 PM)
I've come to root for Bosh. Seems like he gets all this hate but he's been extremely unselfish in everything and is still an excellent player, imo. I can't stand Wade though.

And he's nowhere near the douche Wade and Lebron are. From what I read he lays low and quiet off the court.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 02:34 PM)
They didn't let Ben Wallace wear a headband. He was even pulled from a game and suspended when he knowlingly violated the rule.

His first year with the team, no. But then they made an exception.

Chicago Bulls coach Scott Skiles, who would not allow center Ben Wallace to wear his trademark headband last season, said Monday that the team has decided to make an exception to its team rule and let Wallace wear the sweat-stopping accessory during games.

The return of the headband was endorsed by Wallace's teammates, Skiles said.

"We still have a no-headband rule," Skiles told reporters. "I just left it up to the guys who have been here if they wanted to make an exception for Ben. I was fine with it. They were fine with it."

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 02:45 PM)
And he's nowhere near the douche Wade and Lebron are. From what I read he lays low and quiet off the court.

I don't really have a problem with LeBron. He's a douche but by athlete standards he is pretty harmless.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 02:51 PM)
I don't really have a problem with LeBron. He's a douche but by athlete standards he is pretty harmless.

I actually like LeBron. Even through "The Decision" which was admitted not the greatest way to announce his choice, he raised like $3 million for the Boys & Girls Club.

Man I love those video boards...Rose/Noah/Taj all at the meeting....If they don't land him after all that I'll still give them a lot of credit (and hate Melo) and wouldn't bad mouth them much. They can't control what these people do, all they can do is try, and it's apparent they're putting in a solid effort.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 04:24 PM)
The Heat are going to be terrible in 2 seasons. 4 more years for Wade? 5 for Bosh? Seriously? It'll be Lebron and scrubs for the forseeable future.

Lebron will be out of Miami in two years. Maybe he'll try to team up with Durant or something because I believe both will be FAs in 2016.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 03:36 PM)
Lebron will be out of Miami in two years. Maybe he'll try to team up with Durant or something because I believe both will be FAs in 2016.

Yep; He will clearly have another opt out in this new deal. I'm sure Bosh will as well. Wade can but by that point he'll be completely worthless.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 03:27 PM)
Man I love those video boards...Rose/Noah/Taj all at the meeting....If they don't land him after all that I'll still give them a lot of credit (and hate Melo) and wouldn't bad mouth them much. They can't control what these people do, all they can do is try, and it's apparent they're putting in a solid effort.

oJ7vLir.jpg

Charlie Brown = Bulls

Nick Friedell said on ESPN that Tom Thibodeau ran the show during the meeting and led the Bulls pitch.

Again, does that sound like something an organization with this major impass between front office and coach? Maybe that was part of the reason they did it (to alleviate that perception), either way, it sure seems to me that everyone is on the same page and all this media talk about Thibbs and FO is completely overblown.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 06:57 PM)
Again, does that sound like something an organization with this major impass between front office and coach? Maybe that was part of the reason they did it (to alleviate that perception), either way, it sure seems to me that everyone is on the same page and all this media talk about Thibbs and FO is completely overblown.

I'm guessing that Gar and Thibs have beef but they've managed to sustain a solid working relationship anyway.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 05:23 PM)
Thibs is close with Melo's agent.

Agreed (they share the same agents); Still, it seems that with the draft selections and everything, Thibbs / Front office have been on the same page and working together. I have long thought the "tension" was overblown. Did it exist, sure, however, with time, things blow over, and in hindsight, the plan is looking pretty good and no matter what this franchise will be improved this year, imo. Thibbs picking up Melo and chauffering him around was a money move, imo.

Also great the KC is reporting Taj was included because Melo has already indicated he wants Taj around and part of the squad. Presume Melo / Taj know each other from the time Taj spent practicing with Team USA.

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 8m

Bulls' contingent still at dinner with Carmelo and his representatives.

Alex Kennedy ‏@AlexKennedyNBA 2m

Carmelo Anthony met with the Bulls earlier today. Now, source says he's at dinner with Joakim Noah and Derrick Rose among others right now.

Spending a lot of time together...Tomorrows meetings with the Texas teams will be half a day each.

Edited by scs787